Security Installer Community

Warning sounders

Does the 816 have a SET output?

43319[/snapback]

The panel has a sw+12v output which can be programed, also d1 & d2 as well as the relay. These are all programable. Thing is with these you have to select the trigger mode either 12v or 0v in digi settings and the sw terminal in it's settings.

I wouldn't like to put 12v through the contact, even though they're ment to be able to handle 50v it's far better to put a 0v through it, so that's why I'd not choose to use the sw+ terminal. Also with d1 & d2 you might want to put a dialler on or fire another signal off them, if it's a sole purpose trigger are man's after he's best using the relay as it saves programming things which will affect the other terminals etc. Also it's probabaly easyer to do it the way I've suggested.

Another thing is with great respect to the man in question, it will improve his tech knowledge in doing because he's seeing how the idea is working rather than taking it off one of the other terminals, this will hopefully, and in the way I've explained it to him earlier give him an understanding of how the cct is working and how it's doing it. I'm sure there's lots of other examples & ways around it on this particular panel but at the time I wrote the reply & also if I was doing the job myself that's the way I'd of done it.....

cheers all. Hope all the input helps him out anyhow.

Regards Tony.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

the comms outputs ( d1 d2 ) is a briliant idea but does the system have comms fitted and is it to dd243 ie all outputs used eg confirmed and zone omit ?

if not souds like brilliant way of doing it ;)

just asking :)

Well then, I've just scribbled this one down. Theoreically, the buzzer will only sound when the system has just been unset and the fire exit contact is closed. The buzzer won't sound when the contact is closed, it needs the SET+ to close the relay initially.

post-2915-1110590239.jpg

For those of you who think it looks familiar, it's a variation on a DOL starter with no volt release circuit!

Ah, well that's where my more complex system comes into its own. It only uses one DPCO relay but (correct me if I'm wrong) it will only sound if the system has just been unset and the door contact is closed. It won't sound in the evening when the door contact is closed but before the system is set.

On yours the sounder will sound whenever the door contact is closed.

(Your picture's prettier though, I fired up Fireworks then got hacked off with drawing straight lines with a touch-pad on the laptop)!

Another note, on my sketch the diode want's removing and two putting in the 12V lines. I'll redo it now Bri's come up with a better looking one.

Wiil that work Lurch?? That looks to me, like it would never fire the sounder/strobe when the system was set, but it would constantly fire it when unset, regardless of the state of the contact.

You are quite right though, the way I've done it will sound the sounder while setting, untill set. And when unset, untill the door is openend.

If you don't know......ask.

Er, unfortunately not. Think it's going to have to be your way Bri.

It could be done, but I think this could end up being an over engineered solution.

I would also edit my previous post to hide my stupidity, but the edit buttons gone. :huh:

Archived