Security Installer Community

Warning sounders

It was nearly 4am, though!

43674[/snapback]

Well, that's a good excuse! I didn't realise what time it was, just that it went wrong somewhere..... :whistle:

And Ian, I've got some common circuits tattooed on my ar#e so I don't lose them! :lol:

I did exactly what you were asked for about 2 years ago for a large national toy store. Once unset a set of internal voltage driven sounders operate unto all 12 fire door rollers were opened. At night once the first was closed they sounded unto the system was set. This was achieved using links on a Galaxy 512 and was as requested by the customer. I didnt think much of the sounders operating on closure of the first door as when on a call out they sounded while you were there as the staff were too lazy to open all the doors.

Can't be hooped to draw this because it's no rocket afterall.

As I suggested in the first place is a simple cct, basically taking a 12v to a sounder & a 0v from the aux to the relay comm on the panel, then from nc to the sounder (with a switch in-between if so wished) Program the relay as open/close.

When the system unsets it switches the onboard relay and triggers the sounder. When the switch breaks (door contact on fire door) the sounder looses the 0v and stops. When the door is closed again, sounder get the ov back and goes off. SIMPLE!!

No need for diodes because your not trying to send a 12v put the panels backside. Why do you need to add an extra relay if on is already built in on the panel?? If you were to use D1 & D2 then I guess the diagrams & diodes apply. Have we got our wires crossed somewhere. It just seems that now we're looking fr the best way to give this guy a heart attack & die!!! :blink:

I'm not bitching but not sure why the simple job got 10 times more difficult?

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Er, yes. I had a plan, it failed. I was trying to get it to only sound when the system was unset and the door was closed, but not when the system was in day mode.

It got a bit over engineered and I decided not to go any further. It could be done, depends on whether it's worth it.

Sorry.

Archived