Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax - Any good ?

Guest touc

Not really the best analogy Georg!!

I know what you mean though. :blink:

43642[/snapback]

I know you know but that's the best I have figured out when explaining to uneducated people. Better ideas?

I was hoping to avoid a holy wireless/wired war, but perhaps I was being naive.

I've had the first wired quote in at just under £1K including VAT. That's for a basic bells only system, 1 door contact, 7 PIRs, keypad with 2 dongles to set/unset the system. I can't recall the name of the Control Panel/Keypad atm.

Does this sound about right (I live in Surrey) ?

Steve

I'd expect to pay between 500-1000 for a system of that size, when you include the VAT. This obviously depends on the company and equipment used.

Just under a grand does seem a bit steep though.

Have you got laminate floors everywhere or something?!

If you don't know......ask.

I've had the first wired quote in at just under £1K including VAT. That's for a basic bells only system, 1 door contact, 7 PIRs, keypad with 2 dongles to set/unset the system. I can't recall the name of the Control Panel/Keypad atm.
For a Top Notch system as described above then £1K sounds rather expensive, around the £700 mark is more like it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

As Peter says without actually having seen the property, how can you realistically say if this this is a fair price or Not.

Anyone making a comment as to value, whether good or bad is purley guessing, same as giving prices without seeing the property is a Joke.

Anyone making a comment as to value, whether good or bad is purley guessing, same as giving prices without seeing the property is a Joke.
I dissagree Colin, but I see your point. Assuming this residence is like the majority in the way its constructed then most quotes should be fairly accurate. But yeah it may be a rather awkwardly designed house adding days to install costs which would add to the overall price.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Creative,

Lets say that you are in the bar with your ****mate. How loud would you have to shout that you want to get laid with him/her if he/she is situated at the other side of the room? And in which language to make difference of the background noise?

I just wonder in which college/technical university did you study RF - techniques that you are so sure that RF is better than wired..

:question:

43630[/snapback]

Just ring him/her on their mobile = oops thats wireless

:cry:

So you install a mobile phone to every wireless detector..  :huh:

44525[/snapback]

No nothing so complicated - they are built in - For the wired approach I suppose you would have a couple of cocoa tins with a WIRE in between - must keep it tight though and away from noise - by the time thats done your beers got warm and the girls have gone

Archived