Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax - Any good ?

Guest touc

who wants to lift floor boards this day and age to run 4 or 6 core

43558[/snapback]

Not me, I lift floorboards and install 8 core, I like to do a proper job. Thanks, but no thanks.

Not me, I lift floorboards and install 8 core, I like to do a proper job. Thanks, but no thanks.

43560[/snapback]

I see more and more companies turning to wireless -for domestic installations - if you dont embrace the technology - you will be left behind - 8 core why stop there - I dont suppose its screened - are you a good carpet fitter - or do you tack

Creative, youll find on here and in general with most installers that if you can Hardwire then thats the better solution. Most installers on here have tried all the latest Wireless stuff, there`s still nothing in the marketplace that is as reliable as a hardwired system.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Creative, youll find on here and in general with most installers that if you can Hardwire then thats the better solution. Most installers on here have tried all the latest Wireless stuff, there`s still nothing in the marketplace that is as reliable as a hardwired system.

FM wireless kit is as good as any wired 8 zone system for domestic and small commercial - just as reliable - how is wired a better solution ?

FM wireless kit is as good as any wired 8 zone system for domestic and small commercial - just as reliable - how is wired a better solution ?
Yeah right :lol:

Are you really asking me if Wired is the better solution..? I can only assume that you know no better.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Yeah right  :lol:

Are you really asking me if Wired is the better solution..? I can only assume that you know no better.

43579[/snapback]

Ive installed nothing but wireless kit in domestic properties over the last 3years -I certainly would not go back to wired. I learnt my trade on wired systems, so I know the advantages wireless has - the customer also sees the advatage - less mess and I know they are happy with the install and reliability. thats my expirence

43578[/snapback]

Nonsense. Wireless is notoriously unreliable. It is subject to more interference than hardwired and the systems are less secure by design, due to the battery powered detectors and settle times.

Untill it proves itself, I'll be sticking with wired wherever possible.

If you don't know......ask.

Nonsense. Wireless is notoriously unreliable. It is subject to more interference than hardwired and the systems are less secure by design, due to the battery powered detectors and settle times.

Untill it proves itself, I'll be sticking with wired wherever possible.

43589[/snapback]

All can say, in my experience, wireless systems have been very good

there are so many top brand manufactures bring out new kit.

I learnt my trade on wired systems,

43584[/snapback]

What trade is that, brickwork?

Some wireless kit is OK in the right scenario but 99% of the time wired is the better solution for various reasons. While I'm sure most of us would love another wired\wireless debate it's been done, try having a look around the forum and reading them.

Creative,

Lets say that you are in the bar with your ****mate. How loud would you have to shout that you want to get laid with him/her if he/she is situated at the other side of the room? And in which language to make difference of the background noise?

I just wonder in which college/technical university did you study RF - techniques that you are so sure that RF is better than wired..

:question:

Archived