Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax - Any good ?

Guest touc

Hi,

I'm contemplating installing a Visonic Powermax wireless alarm and I would like to hear from anyone who has already done this. Are they any good ? Do you get any/many false alarms etc

I know, being a wireless piece of kit the Pro's will probably laugh, but are the current breed of wireless systems that bad ?

Are there any other wireless alarm systems I should consider ?

TIA

Steve

We've installed 3 powermaxes- and taken one over. The wireless side of them seems to be good ie no missed transmissions when they are triggered. They are good if the customer is in a wheelchair and requires a fob to arm/disarm the alarm. I hate the keypad bracket - but .... for a DIY install I think they are good. There are some better wireless alarms out there (I think) like DSC Power 832, or or a Scantronic TS690R but I doubt you will be able to get this without being in the trade. But there is no doubt that a hard-wired option is the best if you can do it.

Trade Member

As DIY wireless systems go, this is probably one of the best on the market. (That is not a recommendation - just an observation!). If you can, go hard-wired, but if you have to DIY, and keep it wireless, you could do worse.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know wired is best, but I just wanted to gauge if the Powermax is any good (for a wireless piece of kit).

I'm going to get a couple of quotes from some installers for a traditional wired system and then make up my mind - the geography of our house may make an a wired install a bit tricky/expensive. Naturally, I expect them to be quite a bit higher than what I could do the wireless option for, but as long as they are not obscene I would prefer a wired solution.

Steve

Hi,

I'm contemplating installing a Visonic Powermax wireless alarm and I would like to hear from anyone who has already done this. Are they any good ? Do you get any/many false alarms etc

I know, being a wireless piece of kit the Pro's will probably laugh, but are the current breed of wireless systems that bad ?

Are there any other wireless alarm systems I should consider ?

TIA

Steve

43126[/snapback]

Hi

Powermax is a great peice of kit - its a breath of fresh air to the industry - there is nothing bad about wireless alarms if they come from a good stable - powermax is easy to install and is "self monitoring" with out the use of a central station - i've installed 6 upto now without problems - Domestic wired systems are old hat - the wireless counterparts are as good - are more flexable and as reliable

Hi

Powermax is a great peice of kit - its a breath of fresh air to the industry - there is nothing bad about wireless alarms if they come from a good stable - powermax is easy to install and is "self monitoring" with out the use of a central station - i've installed 6 upto now without problems - Domestic wired systems are old hat - the wireless counterparts are as good - are more flexable and as reliable

43550[/snapback]

I've worked for a company which has installed 100 of systems - yes wireless - come on who wants to lift floor boards this day and age to run 4 or 6 core -powermax does a wireless external siren - wires required power and telephone.

it also runs X10 has up/down load. Panel even talks to you if there is a fault.

Archived