Security Installer Community

How to alarm machines in a launderette?

Guest jorolat

Group hug anyone :w00t:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest jorolat
depends how much cash is in the machines and how much they will hold

see your point though

dual signalling anyone :lol:

42706[/snapback]

The machines are emptied everyday but it seems that whenever a desperate enough person sees a coin container they just hope for the best. Last week, for example, someone tried to break into a machine while I was (deletes "out to lunch" *) enjoying my midday break. There was £4.60 in the machine but it could just as well have been empty!

Jorolat

* Another self-effacing joke (should charge you lot for this!) see Out to Lunch

Guest jorolat
If there had been a  :lol: at the end of the statement then I may of understood, it was meant to be a jest.

But in the current climate with terrorism a real threat I thought the suggestion was not a joke.

Your statement can be taken in a number of contexts for me jest was not the obviose one. :ninja:

I appologise for missunderstanding the context of your post.

No problem Pete, I take your point about the :) being missing because I automatically went to put one in. Then I remembered I was already "in brackets" and left it out - adding an extra ")" on other occasions (in other forums) has resulted in some odd effects!

Jorolat :)

Guest jorolat
Look at it from another angle, if theres nothing to take, stop them getting in to start with. Steel roller shutters.

42734[/snapback]

Not a bad idea, in fact I've often said to the Owner that the (part-time) job I have there would be a lot better if I could just lock the front door and then get on with more important (non-work related) things.

Unfortunately, although this would stop the illegal theft of money it would also stop the Owner's legal theft of same.

Comrade Jorolat

Archived