Security Installer Community

help with accord panel wiring pir,s

Guest neo

hi

i have an accord panel and the zones seem to be linked as zone 1 and 2 have a wireing pic below the contactors showing zone 1 and 2 linked this goes on for all the other zones

how do i wire pirs to these i cant seem to get any power or us out of my pirs

thanks in advanee

very stressed out novice :wacko::wacko::(:(

post-4327-1109519340_thumb.jpg

Those are your zone inputs, you need to wire the alarm pair coming from the pir into here, also on the actual alarm panel you should see some pots with +12 ,-0v you wire the power for the pir from here to the power connections in the PIR.

That might help a tad.

im more confused to the way you are supposesd to wire the zones

it seems there are 3 conectors for every 2 zones any light on this would be much apreciated

very confussed and stressed out novice :huh::unsure: banghead banghead

Maybe a pic will help with the zones. I used a grey wire where you used a white one for obvious reasons. Also, I belive that panel uses EOL rather than double pole. You're probably gonna have a few problems if it's the first time you've done it.

EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe it is'nt EOL. I just noticed the wire links between the zone connections. Have a good read through the instructions and see what it says regarding the zone connections, wether they are EOL, dual EOL or standard double pole.

post-1903-1109529359_thumb.jpg

Trade Member

On the accord you can choose 3 different types of circuit wiring.

I would strongly suggest you either do a bit of reading up before you attempt to wire this, or ideally get some form of professional help. (for the Alarm of course)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

if you are wiring zone 1 & 2 you twist two wires of the zones and put them in the middle connection and then put the other two in each of the zone.

i stronley recomend you read the manual as you need to choose what wiring confiuration you require.

Archived