Security Installer Community

VoIP/IVR/Voice

Brian c

As far as a PBX goes, the easiest way to go would be to get a VoIP adaptor and send it to a line on an analogue PBX, along with your other analogue lines. All you need to do then is connect up your PC to one of the analogue extension ports and away you go. Personally, I'd do away with the IVR software on the PC and use automated attendant, either built into a PBX or as an add-on.

As far as a PBX goes, the easiest way to go would be to get a VoIP adaptor and send it to a line on an analogue PBX, along with your other analogue lines. All you need to do then is connect up your PC to one of the analogue extension ports and away you go. Personally, I'd do away with the IVR software on the PC and use automated attendant, either built into a PBX or as an add-on.

41238[/snapback]

Agree this is our senario.

Jef

Customers!

Just seen your post on uk.telecom Brian !

See straight away Asterix has been recommended but meant to be a lot of work setting it up so depends how much time you have on your hands.

Interestingly enough one problem mentioned is that the VoIP service from Sipgate does not support DTMF tones from callers which means there is no way they can use an auto-attendant service unless you go for a top of the range "speech recognition type" !

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Also I have been looking about for wifi voip phones, do they exsist?

I can see that i could convert a cordless phone to a voip phone, but then would need a 2 base units. unless there is a wifi standard phone to voip phone adapter.

You just need one of these to convert all your existing phones to VoIP. You pick up your phone, and dial, and it routes over VoIP. If you prefix the number with *00 it routes over the PSTN line, (or it could be the other way round). Incoming calls on VoIP or PSTN both ring all the phones connected to it.

Rich. You can get VoIP phones and adapters. You can also get different softphones with different features, some of which are also made for Pocket PC; if you have wifi set up, you can use your PPC as a VoIP phone.

Jef and Lurch. I have no telephony hardware, just 2 modems and VoIP.

I understand what you guys are saying and it is the way I will go eventually. However, the 2nd reply to my post at uk.telecom has a site offering the service I'm after.

What you get is a virtual SIP server where someone can call me on my VoIP number from PSTN, navigate through menu's and, if I'm out, transfer the call to another PSTN, SIP or mobile number, or voicemail, etc. Now, for I think £7 a month, I may just sign up. But it seems to me, that the only thing I'm missing is the software that service uses.

Why can't I get an app that can answer modem or SIP calls and transfer them, via IVR and modem or SIP, to another number?? :realmad:

If you don't know......ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived