Security Installer Community

VoIP/IVR/Voice

Brian c

Or try Call 18866 for incredibly cheap calls from your BT phone. I think (but don't know for sure) that they use VOIP to route calls, but the quality is good and the pricing is unbelievable. :!:

I use them. :D

40942[/snapback]

Refer to Smart1 post on BT 21 CN and see wheere we are going!

Jef

Customers!

Refer to Smart1 post on BT 21 CN and see wheere we are going!

Jef

40959[/snapback]

Where we are going, as I tried to prise out of a senior BT manager a few years ago, is:

- The local concept disappears (it almost has) with the whole UK is one price.

- That price is a service charge with all UK calls included

- Only international calls are charged per minute, and most "westernised" countries will be cheap, or you buy an all-inclusive international package, with only the obscurer countries charged extra.

Where we are going, as I tried to prise out of a senior BT manager a few years ago, is:

- The local concept disappears (it almost has) with the whole UK is one price.

- That price is a service charge with all UK calls included

- Only international calls are charged per minute, and most "westernised" countries will be cheap, or you buy an all-inclusive international package, with only the obscurer countries charged extra.

40975[/snapback]

Yep. Now think of the impact on the security signalling industry, and all the tradditional signalling methods. Not to start another fight but someone on here said something along the lines of "the envy of the world"

jef

Customers!

Yep. Now think of the impact on the security signalling industry, and all the tradditional signalling methods. Not to start another fight but someone on here said something along the lines of "the envy of the world"

jef

40991[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand; why not say what you think is likely?

I would guess that BT (and others) will provide (as they already do anyway via Redcare) specific circuits and service packages competitively priced for monitoring services.

Or am I missing the point? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I understand; why not say what you think is likely?

I would guess that BT (and others) will provide (as they already do anyway via Redcare) specific circuits and service packages competitively priced for monitoring services.

Or am I missing the point? :rolleyes:

40996[/snapback]

Because im on one of those stupid non disclosure agreements for the products were testing. Strange as all the info is already out there.

Jef

Customers!

Right, slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

I have a softphone and a SIP account. I can receive and make(if I had credit) calls and the pc softphone will answer. (it's pretty cool)

However, what I cannot do is make my independant IVR program 'see' or answer the call.

My IVR sees the following TAPI devices;

NetoDragon 56k voice modem

Sitecom 56k modem

RAS PPoE Line0000

RAS VPN Line 0

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

Infrared direct line

LPT1T

IPCONFIG LINE

H323 Line

Which should I use and how do I set it up?

The only one's without error are the 2 56k modems and the H323 Line, however, none of them will answer a call (even from the modem, which it used to).

What am I doing wrong here?? :blink:

If you don't know......ask.

Er, dunno mate. I'm better at support if I'm in front of the machine. Give uk.telecom a try, quite a few people in their know more than me about VoIP, (which isn't that difficult, but you get the idea).

Thanks guys. I've tried uk.telecom and have found a lot of info but no actual forum(anyway, I'd feel like a traitor).

Anyway, after a lot of experimenting, I am now quite confident working with SIP accounts and SIP softphones. What I've also discovered is my IVR software is just not meant to work on SIP. It would probably work on VoIP, if it was connected via a PBX.

So, does anyone know of any WINDOWS based IVR software and/or PBX emulating software that will work with SIP? ( I've tried VoiSpeed, but it seems to need two IP's for the server and client)

If you don't know......ask.

Archived