Security Installer Community

£200 budget

Guest GMV

Hey I guess im gona get flammed for asking his here, but ask I shal.

I want a budget house alarm.

I have very small budget as alarms go, of (£200) & I guess something is better than nothing.

I have the ability to do a hard wire alarm myself if I go down that route.

I want a bell box/control panel/ 2-3 pirs & 2-3 contacts.

Looking around diy shops at my options there & they all seem to be wirefree kits (solar one I cant have as need the box on north facing wall).

What are my best options? I cannot go above 200.

I had been offerd a new yale kit 4 (HSA3800) wirefree for £140, which is what got me thinking about getting an alarm in the first place, is this worth it? or am I throwing money away?

cheers in advance for all the smart replys!

Garry

First off, don't even think of wireless unless you're spending a decent amount of money having someone install a professional wireless system.

Try and find somewhere, either online or from a local electrical wholesaler, that will do you a kit with most of what you need. This will probably come with pretty much everything required for £200 or less, and will probably use better components than B&Q are trying to palm off on you. They will normally be based around an entry level panel such as an ADE Optima or a Texecom Veritas.

I personally would recommend you get an alarm professionally fitted though.

Here we go again Lads!! :cry:

Look at the reality.

You wanna spend £200 to protect your house and belongings that cost tens of thousands of pounds if you add them all up.

Honestly,Do yourself a favour and save a bit more money. £600 should get you a good system thats fitted and maintained buy a proffesional.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Alternatively if your ok installing yourself give StrikeSecurity a call, he can probably supply all the kit for your budget.

www.strikesecurity.co.uk looks like his site is down at the moment due to a re-design but contact details are shown.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hmmmm..?

if you must do it DIY then dont forget ebay

Are you serious..? The only stuff I `ve seen on eBay has been either second hand or the sellers source has seemed debatable..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hmmmm..?

Are you serious..? The only stuff I `ve seen on eBay has been either second hand or the sellers source has seemed debatable..

40403[/snapback]

There's some interesting stuff occasionally, a few weeks ago I saw a pair of Luminite external PIRs (brand new) which went for about a fiver each, RRP is aout £70. Not a bad saving!

Archived