Security Installer Community

£200 budget

Guest GMV

Wow thanks for all the replys! I went to bed last night with 1 reply (straight away) & today I have 9!!!

First off, After the reply from Lurch, I today went to TLC (elec wholsale)as I work around the corner from on branch, to see what they have on offer.

They sell a kit comprising of optima compact R+ panel, 2x pir's , 2x mag contacts, bell box, back up bat, 100mts 6 core/clips & panic button for 99+vat, extra pir's 12.99 , remote pannel 17.25...see here

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TSPRO1.html

I quite like the idea of a dialer ( cheap one of course) as I work 2 mins away from where I live, so could be on the scean in that time if I had the call.

What are your thoughts?

The Texecom Excell kit Recommended by Service Engineer also looks a good deal which I could stretch to?

any one had any experiance of either kit? any pitfalls?

Thanks again.

G

Wow thanks for all the replys! I went to bed last night with 1 reply (straight away) & today I have 9!!!

40501[/snapback]

Aww, you took it with you?! ;):D

First off, After the reply from Lurch, I today went to TLC (elec wholsale)as I work around the corner from on branch, to see what they have on offer.

They sell a kit comprising of optima compact R+ panel, 2x pir's , 2x mag contacts, bell box, back up bat, 100mts 6 core/clips & panic button for 99+vat,  extra pir's 12.99 , remote pannel 17.25...see here

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TSPRO1.html

I quite like the idea of a dialer ( cheap one of course) as I work 2 mins away from where I live, so could be on the scean in that time if I had the call.

What are your thoughts?

40501[/snapback]

You get what you pay for and that is cheap! However, it will do the job it's designed to.

The Texecom Excell kit  Recommended by Service Engineer also looks a good deal which I could stretch to?

any one had any experiance of either kit? any pitfalls?

Thanks again.

G

40501[/snapback]

If you can stretch to the Texecom then do so. They are of general better quality.

If you don't know......ask.

40501[/snapback]

When you say cheap, I assume you've seen the cheap ADE Informa, don't even think about it, it's ****. If you're going to get one you'll unfortunately have to shell out for a decent one, such as the Texecom one.

What are your thoughts?

The Texecom Excell kit  Recommended by Service Engineer also looks a good deal which I could stretch to?

40501[/snapback]

The Excel is about as far down the chain as most professionals would go, below that and you're into DIY stuff. The Excel is a good panel, some nice features and relatively easy to fit. The PIR's in the kit are good too.

Ok , looks like the texecom it is! I am guessing that I can add a dialler at a later stage with out too much hassle.

Also can I add a dialler from another manufacture? like I said I'm on a budget & should a decent one come up on Ebay before I have enough spare cash for a Texecom one, should I go for it?

Thanks All.

Off to bed now & once again Lurch is in the foremost in my mind!!!! :wacko:

Now im worried!

Ta

G

Ok , looks like the texecom it is! I am guessing that I can add a dialler at a later stage with out too much hassle.

40509[/snapback]

Yes, while you're wiring everything up just get a phone line into the area of the panel and leave it disconnected. You can just add it in later.

Also can I add a dialler from another manufacture? like I said I'm on a budget & should a decent one come up on Ebay before I have enough spare cash for a Texecom one, should I go for it?

40509[/snapback]

You can add a dialler from any manufacturer but the only ones that are any good are the Texecom ones or the Menvier SD1+ or SD2. The Texecoms are easier to get hold of if you're not trade and do the job admirably.

Off to bed now & once again Lurch is in the foremost in my mind!!!!  :wacko:

Now im worried!

40509[/snapback]

Er, thanks. Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight!

Alternatively, why not contact a local professional and ask him to 'Supply only' enough kit to match your spec, to a budget of £200. That way you'll get some professional kit, with everything you need rather than DIY stuff and find you're missing something essential when you come to fit it.

I would have thought, that using a Scantronic 9448+ 'on-board' control panel, some reasonable PIRs (perhaps on offer at the wholesalers) and all of the other bits you'll need, (except the dialler) he'd be happy to supply for £200.

I'd also go with the Texecom Dialler for ease of programming as a DIY-er, as and when you can afford it. Or push the boat out for an extra £15 (ish) and get the additional SMS Text facility with it.

However, remember if he supplies it for £200 and you can't satisfactorily install and program it, he's not going to come and sort it all out as a favour.... Also, don't expect to get a bell-box with his logo on it, if he's not installing it !!

Alan

ARJ Security

;)

A nearly retired previous installer !

Guest Peter James
Alternatively, why not contact a local professional and ask him to 'Supply only' enough kit to match your spec, to a budget of £200. That way you'll get some professional kit, with everything you need rather than DIY stuff and find you're missing something essential when you come to fit it.

I would have thought, that using a Scantronic 9448+ 'on-board' control panel, some reasonable PIRs (perhaps on offer at the wholesalers) and all of the other bits you'll need, (except the dialler) he'd be happy to supply for £200.

I'd also go with the Texecom Dialler for ease of programming as a DIY-er, as and when you can afford it. Or push the boat out for an extra £15 (ish) and get the additional SMS Text facility with it.

However, remember if he supplies it for £200 and you can't satisfactorily install and program it, he's not going to come and sort it all out as a favour.... Also, don't expect to get a bell-box with his logo on it, if he's not installing it !!

Alan

ARJ Security

;)

40523[/snapback]

Good Advice ;)

And talking of good advice buying from an installer means that thats what you will get from him, you wont get that from somewhere like Strike or CEF or B&Q for that matter. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
I had been offerd a  new yale kit 4 (HSA3800) wirefree for £140, which is what got me thinking about getting an alarm in the first place, is this worth it? or am I throwing money away?

40393[/snapback]

Where can you buy the wirefree Yale Kit 4 (HSA3800) from for £140 ?

The only place that I can find that sells it is exclusively at Homebase and its £299.99.

Archived