Security Installer Community

Alarm cable

Guest Chewie

why not just use the bt cable to pull thru a 8-core???where does the string come into it :cry: amateur by name etc.. :whistle:

38579[/snapback]

Hmmm. "amateur by name etc." No need to be rude, Eng. :realmad:

If you're a professional, please behave professionally. At least I know and state that I'm an amateur in this arena. :wub:

PS Using string (which is thin and easy to tie on and pull through) makes it easier to do the job if it's not 100% straightforward; didn't he say it was a difficult run? That's based on experience of a lot of wiring, not specifically on alarms.

Hmmm. "amateur by name etc." No need to be rude, Eng.  :realmad:

If you're a professional, please behave professionally. At least I know and state that I'm an amateur in this arena. :wub:

PS Using string (which is thin and easy to tie on and pull through) makes it easier to do the job if it's not 100% straightforward; didn't he say it was a difficult run? That's based on experience of a lot of wiring, not specifically on alarms.

38639[/snapback]

im a tit by name but a pro by nature!!!forget the string...think about it... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Chewie,

Yes mate you can use any old cable you wish, but I would draw the line at string, dado level string can be good, it will transmit the vibration at the correct hertz level to the biscuit tin you should be using with your hard drawn speech cable.

:w00t: Secboys mate ( use the correct cable you Numpty )

Archived