Security Installer Community

Windows 95

morph

One question.....................WHY?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Its for an IBM560 laptop that I want top use for programming panels etc, it needs a pcmia cdrom drive and its gone awol. Got the floppy drive and it doesn't have any usb ports. The hard drive was reformatted.

Plan for the laptop was that as most panel programs don't need a high spec PC and if it did get knicked it has next to no value.

Any operating system on Floppy would be fine, as I do have licences for most, but the newer versions are on cd rom.

If anyone wants to email me a copy, Pm me and i will give you an email address to send them to.

Thanks.

How about Windows 3.1? It's fewer floppies for a start. W95 is nearly 30! :(

Windows 95b (OSR2) I have on CD. Thought I had floppies (and I probably do) but they're not immediately visible, and probably only the original release.

In the past I've set up W95 PC's by formatting the hard disk using DOS then copying the CD files on from another PC using Laplink or similar. You only need the Win95 directory (about 80MB) and then run the relevant setup program in DOS. I think it's the oemsetup program that runs under DOS, but you'll soon figure it out. :)

One question.....................WHY?

36669[/snapback]

We have 2 windows for worgroups Toshibas cost me £7k & £2.5K when new (worth about 10 bob now) we use them for loading Fire and Access panels our lads are emaressed taking them out of the bag.

Jef

Customers!

I also used to have an IBM 560, I took the hard drive out, bought a 2.5" to 3.5" adaptor, put it in my desktop machine. Installed win98 using the cd drive in my desktop machine and also copied the win98 cd to a folder on the drive. Take the drive out, put it back in the lappy, windows will say it has found new hardware etc andask for win98 cd, point it towards the folder with win98 in it, hey presto!

PS you may need to download new drivers from ibm website before you take the drive out of your desktop machine.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks for all the replies, will try Brefs method first as this seems the most practical.

We have 2 windows for worgroups Toshibas cost me £7k & £2.5K when new (worth about 10 bob now) we use them for loading Fire and Access panels our lads are emaressed taking them out of the bag.

Jef

But the do the job Jef, doesn't matter what they look like, if there too flash looking customers link you are charging to much etc etc and as I said if they get nicked it doesn't matter.
Colin great minds

Steady Smartie :w00t:

:lol:

Archived