Security Installer Community

RTU5024 GSM Gate Opener GSM Remote Switch

Does anyone know how to test one of these? It’s brand new with a working SIM card from a previously same model but the SIM card holder was broken 

I’ve powered it up and it’s got mobile signal with a slow flashing red led and I’ve connected a 12V pc case fan into the following for testing the relay:

COM: Black negative wire to fan 
NC: Red positive wire to fan 

This was my thinking to prove that it can work with the existing magnetic gate 

I have the instructions which I will attach on here. It just doesn’t seem to respond to a request to turn the relay on so I think I need fo add my number as the authorised number or make it respond to any number using the relevant commands below 

Turn relay on 
1234#ON# 

Set authorised number (this is the one from the manual and looks like an extra digit in error?)
1234#TEL0044 13500001111#01

Setup allow all call in numbers to access it 
1234#AA#

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

You have just connected your fan to a relay I can't see that working if its a relay. Use your multimeter to see if the relay changes state or wire the power to the fan through the relay

As above the relay wont have power on it, its just a switch to make the fan work you need to put power to it, but I guess this is not your objective. If you dont have a meter put one side of the fan to 0v put the other side of the fan to n/o and put 12vdc to the common then test it.

5 hours ago, jmeader43 said:

Does anyone know how to test one of these? It’s brand new with a working SIM card from a previously same model but the SIM card holder was broken 

I’ve powered it up and it’s got mobile signal with a slow flashing red led and I’ve connected a 12V pc case fan into the following for testing the relay:

COM: Black negative wire to fan 
NC: Red positive wire to fan 

This was my thinking to prove that it can work with the existing magnetic gate 

I have the instructions which I will attach on here. It just doesn’t seem to respond to a request to turn the relay on so I think I need fo add my number as the authorised number or make it respond to any number using the relevant commands below 

Turn relay on 
1234#ON# 

Set authorised number (this is the one from the manual and looks like an extra digit in error?)
1234#TEL0044 13500001111#01

Setup allow all call in numbers to access it 
1234#AA#

Depending on what power you need for the fan to work , connect the fan black ground to negative / ground -ve of the power supply 

And connect the fan positive to NO or NC depending on which way you want it to work, 

And then common to the power supply positive +ve

So that would.operwte the fan when the relay is triggered, if it's. Magnetic gate then that power arrangement would probably be setup via the NC route , or you won't use any power if there is an existing push button which you can wire across it without any power arrangements

Or you will be probably blow it all up if your not understanding it correctly 😟

Edited by al-yeti