Security Installer Community

Redundant Scantronic alarm system - what to do?

I have an installed but powered down Scantronic alarm system. It has control panel with battery 6 months old, 2 Scantronic 9800 keypad setting controllers, 3 movement sensors, one panic button (and a door sensor which I am reluctant to detach). All, including keypads, in full working order.

Is this saleable - as a whole or in part? Is ebay my best bet?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Possibly no longer working when powered back up, the keypads will most likely be OK but the panel is known for losing its memory quicker than a Tory in a Parliamentary enquiry. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

May be useful to someone that needs parts but doesnt want to go through the effort to buy a new system, but worth nothing to anyone in the industry I spend money skipping tat like that 

Thanks to all 3 of you. I should have said “wired” system but I guess you all know enough to have worked that out.

I will start dismantling. Whatever seems undamaged, I will offer on ebay as a complete system initially. If no joy, I will try the components separately. I guess the keypads offer the best prospect as I hear that they often fail because of the most used digits.

7 hours ago, Notechy said:

Thanks to all 3 of you. I should have said “wired” system but I guess you all know enough to have worked that out.

I will start dismantling. Whatever seems undamaged, I will offer on ebay as a complete system initially. If no joy, I will try the components separately. I guess the keypads offer the best prospect as I hear that they often fail because of the most used digits.

Keypads probably worth the most if you can wait it out....