Security Installer Community

What does a speaker output do?

2 hours ago, mattjgalloway said:

I can understand these view points for sure! I'm ok with setting up the software side of this though. And worse case, I will have all the wired up sensors and sirens that I could go for a "proper" alarm panel anyway if I wanted later.

Also - I've not seen any panels that really do hook up to home automation systems in a good way yet. Happy to be corrected if you know of any though.

There is a huge security issue of letting anything control an alarm. Think insurance liability in our world. However it should be doable having a pro system with integration. It is doable but needs more imo. However the standards currently prevent it. Some integrations require engineer access between which is daft. I would watch this space I'm working with a manufacturer with this in mind

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 06/10/2023 at 19:46, mattjgalloway said:

I can understand these view points for sure! I'm ok with setting up the software side of this though. And worse case, I will have all the wired up sensors and sirens that I could go for a "proper" alarm panel anyway if I wanted later.

Also - I've not seen any panels that really do hook up to home automation systems in a good way yet. Happy to be corrected if you know of any though.

The trouble with the module is that it's very basic. With a professional panel, there are lots of features built in. Monitored power and backup is one important one for a start. 

If you connect to the SAB based sounder without any form of backup, the sounder will activate when power fails. If you do have a ups, will the konnected module let you know you're on backup and the battery status?  

There are options for Texecom and Honeywell Galaxy for MQTT. At least that way, you're getting a robust security solution with additional home automation capability.

You can bolt on the konnected module to some panels, but not with many of the professional panels using balanced input zone circuits that the konnected module interferes with.