Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 Internal Sounder when Unset

Dashnine

1 hour ago, Dashnine said:

Opening up the sounder, it’s the pair on the right of the photo above, connected to OP3 and TR.

you will need to program output 3 as something other than open/close set/unset. Dont know the 9651 but it will probably have an internal bell or bell output type

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 24/08/2023 at 15:35, sixwheeledbeast said:

Been a while since I programmed a 9x5x, pretty sure default for these is OP1 Bell, OP2 Strobe, OP3 Detector Latch.

Who knows what else isn't programmed correctly now it's been defaulted...

Well obviously the people who programmed it up in the first place, and now holding the installer code on my property to ransom…

if the wirings not changed, its not obvious in the install manual how to code particular wired connections on or off or otherwise.  Or is this black magic not documented…

I assume it was installed and designed to operate by them and they had the liability if something was wrong, so they will protect this.

It's not holding the equipment to ransom, you can do what you want, as you have. Many would argue programming is IP of the company, as you have a useless bag of wires without it.

It's all in the manual but that doesn't mean you know what to do with it.

We can't give you a defined answer beyond the output we spoke about, we didn't design the system.

Maybe take the wire out of OP3 for now...

2 hours ago, Dashnine said:

Well obviously the people who programmed it up in the first place, and now holding the installer code on my property to ransom…

if the wirings not changed, its not obvious in the install manual how to code particular wired connections on or off or otherwise.  Or is this black magic not documented…

Dude easily solved remove the sounder wires 

Add a speaker to the speaker terminals and it will give you something similar for now 

On 24/08/2023 at 10:03, james.wilson said:

you will need to program output 3 as something other than open/close set/unset. Dont know the 9651 but it will probably have an internal bell or bell output type

I'm away for a week now, so can read the programming guide at leisure and have that  found the default for OP3 (I need to confirm with a continuity check) is 03 Set Latch:

Set Latch: active when the system is set and inactive when the 
system is unset or an alarm condition occurs. It is active for one 
second when a reset is performed or the control unit leaves installer 
mode. It is also active during Walk Tests. 

But this doesn’t seem to fit what’s happening whereas 06 Ready Lamp does:

Ready Lamp: active when the system is unset and if there are no 
faults. It is inactive when the system is full or part set, during any 
alarm or if a circuit fault prevents setting. It is also active when the 
control unit is in installer mode. 

But if the sounder were wired up in reverse polarity, Set Latch fits: Inactive when the system is set and active when the 
system is unset or an alarm condition occurs.

So would that be something typically done?

I can also try programming OP3 to 00 Bell as per the default for OP1, which I assume is the external siren.

Thanks

Edited by Dashnine