Security Installer Community

COP Inspire DVR Questions

Nelboy

10 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Chrome was the last browser to support ActiveX plugins, Firefox disabled them a good while ago.

DM went bust mostly because they were slow to assess market changes, their gear cost at least twice the price of newer stuff with less features.

Now we are left with any innovative companies being absorbed into Chinese giants and a heavy focus on as cheap as possible for large parts of the market.

I assume edge , selecting ie mode doesn't do it ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2023 at 00:16, sixwheeledbeast said:

Edge is just skinned chrome now, try it and cross your fingers?

Had some things going on at home which have knocked me back a bit, so this went on the back burner... but just tried accessing the DVR in Edge and it's just the same: blank white page. Dunno if there's an 'ie mode' for Edge but not holding out much hope that would work either.

On 06/02/2023 at 08:38, sixwheeledbeast said:

Chrome was the last browser to support ActiveX plugins, Firefox disabled them a good while ago.

DM went bust mostly because they were slow to assess market changes, their gear cost at least twice the price of newer stuff with less features.

Now we are left with any innovative companies being absorbed into Chinese giants and a heavy focus on as cheap as possible for large parts of the market.

From what I've read up, DM did seem somewhat 'inflexible' shall we say, as well as being ever so slightly ridiculous in that if a user lost their password then DM's solution was to send the whole unit to them (at cost) for a reset as if that wasn't going to be a massive inconvenience by having the system out of service for ages.
Over the network connection, the PTZ controls for the DS2 don't work - I don't know why, could it be related to why the Inspire isn't showing video over the network?
I know DM did a hybrid unit of sorts, the DS2A, but it seems that the IP support for that is somewhat limited; and if I were to swap over to an IP system I'd want something that could support panoramic fisheye cameras, which I highly doubt the DS2A would (plus the lack of direct tech support now would be an issue). I have an old tower PC sat around which was working when I stopped using it but ran Win XP - a side thought I had is whether it'd be worthwhile to reconfigure it as some sort of NVR... the problem comes in that my home CCTV needs to be constantly running and can't have any downtime for swapping cable runs and installing new cameras, which is why I was thinking of a hybrid system simply because I'd be able to plug in my existing analogue cameras initially and then add in IP cams as and when required.

It is a bit sad to see that now it's basically just Hikvision and Dahua dominating the market, with others like Bosch and Pelco just nibbling at the edges.

The system sounds far too complex to give any meaningful DIY help with beyond what's been covered.

Main reason for the Chinese duopoly is cost, plenty of alternative stuff on the market but everyone wants stuff doing yesterday for nothing.

I doubt your going to get existing stuff with it's tels working on a PC card, I think you should find yourself a good CCTV installer willing to put decent gear in.

You 'could' use a pc blue blue iris or zoneminder but dont expect the uptime of a dedicated NVR

most decent dvr's are hybrid and can support analogue and IP but id suggest using an NVR for IP cameras with POE outputs

Personally i dislike HIK also their cheap stuff is IMO awful but then all cheap stuff is I suppose

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 1 month later...

For the time being I've now shelved this one... longer term I'll have to put in a new underground conduit to the outbuildings if I want to put in more analogue cameras - it's looking as if that might be the easier option!
I have a Dynamic CCTZ "EZHD8" unit which is currently linked up over the local network, the live stream page works over my browser though there's no means of reviewing pre-recorded footage over the network with this unit.

Since my last post I've acquired 4 AHD cameras from a refurbishment project, so I might longer term think of upgrading to an AHD DVR such as something from Concept Pro. I've got something else I want to look at, but will put that as a seperate topic...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, how are you?

I have a COP Inspire 16 channel and I use Edge in Internet Explorer Mode to access my DVR.  Every so often Edge tells me that it's disabled IE Mode but gives me the option to carry on using IE Mode.  It works well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/internet-explorer-mode-in-microsoft-edge-6604162f-e38a-48b2-acd2-682dbac6f0de

Thanks,

Paul.