Security Installer Community

COP Inspire DVR Questions

Nelboy

Hello, newly posting here....

I have a COP Inspire 16 Plus DVR system currently on test in an outbuilding which I'd like to potentially set up with a few of my spare cameras for a few weeks over the spring and summer to monitor the outbuildings whilst I do a bit of building work; though there may be potential for it to be used as the DVR for my house CCTV as that's currently using a DS2 (and yes, I know some will laugh at that due to its age). The COP Inspire has been connected to my home ethernet network and I set it up with a static local IP address, gateway, etc - but had it connected through a router which is being used as a Wi-Fi repeater to give full wi-fi for the outbuildings. On logging in to the primary network router to check the LAN connections, the COP Inspire shows up on the static IP I had selected *BUT* when I tried to navigate to that address (let's say 192.168.1.50 for the sake of an example) the browser came back with a server timeout. If I disconnect the repeater router (wi-fi extender) and use a cable coupler to instead join the cable for that repeater router directly to the cat5 cable for the Inspire DVR then I can 'technically' log in to the DVR over the local network. Presumably there is some setting or firewall on the repeater router that I need to adjust?

... also, I say that I can 'technically' log in to the DVR simply because I don't get a timeout error, and the page title changes to "Inspire DVR"... **BUT** the page is blank: there is no prompt for an ActiveX plugin, no command buttons, and no video stream. The page HTML is as follows:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
	<head>
		<title>Inspire DVR</title>
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<style>
			body {
				margin-left:0px;
				margin-top:0px;
				margin-right:0px;
				margin-bottom:0px;
			}
		</style>

<script language="javascript">
			function NotifyActiveX(p)
			{
				var ncx = document.getElementById('ncX');
				if (ncx == null) return;

var urla = document.URL.split('/'); // http://172.1.10.165/index.html
				var dev = urla.length > 3 ? urla[2] : '172.1.44.94'; // for test: file://e:\projects\dvs\...
				var address = dev.split(':'); // 172.1.10.2:81, www.higheasy.cn:81
				try	{
					ncx.SetURL(dev);
					ncx.SetDevice(address[0]);
				} 
				catch (e) {
				}
			}
		</script>
	</head>

<body scroll="no">
		<object id="ncX" width="100%" height="100%"
			classid="CLSID:7E866715-C9B6-4C64-AAB8-342E0D137213" 			
			onReadyStateChange="NotifyActiveX(this)" 
			codebase="EDVR.CAB#version=1,1,0,24661">
		</object>
	</body>
</html>

.... the IP addresses of 172.1... etc return nothing.
Likewise navigating to 192.168.1.50/e:\projects brings back a 'not found' error, as does 192.168.1.50/c:\
Is this blank page issue something that can be fixed? I have tried making an FTP connection over the network to the DVR using the default Admin password (which works for using the machine directly), but get the error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.".... if this is an issue that can only be solved with a Cat5 crossover and telnet then we're going into territory I'm unfamiliar with. (as it is my DS2 only has basic networking, for some reason the PTZ commands don't work - so it'd be nice to have at least one DVR which works properly over the network!)

I'd really like to get this unit working over the local network as it's a means of adding in more cameras quickly, then I can review alerts and footage over the PC.... Otherwise my only other spare DVR is a Hikvision DS-7208-HGHI-SH which I haven't even began to set up for testing because I don't have the 12v power supply required.

I've got other questions for another time, but for now any help on this will be much appreciated.

Edited by Nelboy

Anything using ActiveX is junk for me, I wouldn't bother with it. ActiveX is dead and unsupported. I don't know the unit but I can't imagine connecting via telnet will get you any further to what you need even if you did.

The DS2 is a solid machine and was top end in it's day, it's just limited now in quality being only composite. Also client software will be dead and uncompatible like most old stuff.

Is start by connecting direct to the unit remove all the complication of using routers as additional access points. 

I'm assuming it's an old unit for the cost vs hassle I'd get a new machine especially for Improved image qualoty

However what browser are you using? 

Also do you gave the old client software

And what OS are you using

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 02/02/2023 at 09:33, sixwheeledbeast said:

Anything using ActiveX is junk for me, I wouldn't bother with it. ActiveX is dead and unsupported. I don't know the unit but I can't imagine connecting via telnet will get you any further to what you need even if you did.

The DS2 is a solid machine and was top end in it's day, it's just limited now in quality being only composite. Also client software will be dead and uncompatible like most old stuff.

Yeah this is the thing... the DS2 is a decent unit - I did have one die on me and now sits at 'halted in bootloader' after a wave of wierd things going on with it, so a spare unit is currently running but obviously if that were to go then I've got nothing which I know is working. The system has PIR sensors set up and three monitoring points which are remote to the location of the DS2, so the ability to have keyboards added on is really useful... it's just the low resolutuin which is a bit of a bugbear.... plus the NetVu Observer software has vanished from the internet, presumably because DM went bust and then came back so all their old links were broken, and my DS2 doesn't have it on the system (clicking the download link brings a 404). I'm using NetVu Client software to view the streams, but the wierd thing with that is that the PTZ controls don't work (well, my side camera is a static but has one of those Pelco protocol boards you can buy from China which has the Aux1 and Aux2 relays as well as outputs which activate with the zoom/focus/iris commands - the 'zoom' output currently powers a relay which switches a small spotlight, and that can be switched on through the NetVu software but then it won't switch off meanwhile the PTZ commands don't do anything with my Pelco Spectra's). The fact that NetVu Client only outputs downloaded recordings to .MJP is a pain in the **** as literally nothing will open it, so I have to use one of those screen recorder programs to get .MP4 and other more mainstream file types

On 02/02/2023 at 12:34, MrHappy said:

Is it using port 80 ?

yes

On 02/02/2023 at 10:37, james.wilson said:

Is start by connecting direct to the unit remove all the complication of using routers as additional access points. 

I'm assuming it's an old unit for the cost vs hassle I'd get a new machine especially for Improved image qualoty

However what browser are you using? 

Also do you gave the old client software

And what OS are you using

I'm currently on a Windows 10 machine with Firefox browser (though I could use Edge if necessary). I've never really got on with Chrome, so FF and Edge are the two browsers I generally use - I do find that FF is a bit niggly in some aspects, such as with viewing PDF's for example it sometimes won't show pages (I had to open a schematic for a hi-fi in Edge because FF wouldn't show the right page and instead it was blank, and the bits it would show wouldn't print properly). Given that my networked DS2 also doesn't show video feeds in browser view does make me wonder if there's a browser or router issue.

I don't have any COP client software, and presumably there's no point contacting them as they seem to be little more than a Hikvision/Dahua reseller now.

Longer term I would like to get a hybrid unit so that I can keep some analogue cameras where an upgrade isn't necessary right now but upgrade others - I'd like to get a 360 Fisheye camera for my side passage as there's an area of about 3 square ft that's not covered by any cameras due to positions of walls. But obviously my DS2 has a lot of functions that other units lack:- the CBUS network allows all 3 of my monitoring stations which are remote from the DS2 housing to have full keyboard control whilst at the same time allowing PIR sensor inputs to wire into a remote alarm module that translates the data back along the CBUS lines to the DS2 so I don't need to run extra cables; even just as simple as the keyboard having Aux1 and Aux2 controls is something that other units lack - and the back camera uses Aux1 to switch lights, whilst that and two other cameras use Aux2 to switch on an external loudspeaker for talkback. Unless there's a generic call preset command which will switch Aux1 or Aux2 then I'd need those controls on anything which I plan to use permanently

You can download ff fixed versions. I use that for really old stuff. 

Dm went bust because people didn't buy it. Maybe if you and others upgraded that wouldn't of happened. 

But still you need a new dvr imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Chrome was the last browser to support ActiveX plugins, Firefox disabled them a good while ago.

DM went bust mostly because they were slow to assess market changes, their gear cost at least twice the price of newer stuff with less features.

Now we are left with any innovative companies being absorbed into Chinese giants and a heavy focus on as cheap as possible for large parts of the market.