Security Installer Community

Visonic PowerMaster 33 G2 - Not 'seeing' ioXpander-8?

I've taken on support of a Visonic System that has a requirement for a few hardwired zones adding. This is the first Visonic I'm working on so I have little experience.

I've added a ioXpander-8 module to the system without any physical issue (The LED on the board flashes away), although it doesn't appear to show up in the "05: Outputs" menu. I can add a wired zone as 050-0001, but not 050-0002 which suggests that the expander isn't being seen (The panel only supports one zone without expansion).

There's nothing in the documentation about adding an expander other than possibly enabling it under the "05: Outputs" menu which I also don't see as an option. There's an enroll button on the board I've tried pushing and push+holding which doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any guidance on this one? Should it "just work" or is there some undocumented feature I've missed? Thanks!

On 24/01/2023 at 10:54, MindrustUK said:

I've taken on support of a Visonic System that has a requirement for a few hardwired zones adding. This is the first Visonic I'm working on so I have little experience.

I've added a ioXpander-8 module to the system without any physical issue (The LED on the board flashes away), although it doesn't appear to show up in the "05: Outputs" menu. I can add a wired zone as 050-0001, but not 050-0002 which suggests that the expander isn't being seen (The panel only supports one zone without expansion).

There's nothing in the documentation about adding an expander other than possibly enabling it under the "05: Outputs" menu which I also don't see as an option. There's an enroll button on the board I've tried pushing and push+holding which doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any guidance on this one? Should it "just work" or is there some undocumented feature I've missed? Thanks!

Maybe your expander firmware version is to new for the panel firmware?

Just guessing

Swb you the visionic man 

Hi both, thanks for the help.

Panel was powered off while installing the module.

Firmware on the sticker and from the keypad is reported as:

JS703650
E20.214

Checked and repeated the following;

Power cycled.

Ribbon seated correctly with correct orientation (as you said it's keyed).

2k2 resistors in series for tamper and parallel across the normally closed contacts.

On 29/01/2023 at 16:32, MindrustUK said:

Hi both, thanks for the help.

Panel was powered off while installing the module.

Firmware on the sticker and from the keypad is reported as:

JS703650
E20.214

Checked and repeated the following;

Power cycled.

Ribbon seated correctly with correct orientation (as you said it's keyed).

2k2 resistors in series for tamper and parallel across the normally closed contacts.

Pictures of panel an wiring?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just checking you are aware that only the powermaster 33 EXP G2 can accept the ioxpander 8 (and also the ioxpander 12 via the rs485 on the ioxpander 8).

The older powermaster 33 G2 (not with EXP in title) will not accept the ioxpander 8, it will fit in the casing and power/light up, but it is not usable.  That model can only have the ioxpander 2 fitted.  Perhaps this is the issue?

I have also experienced issues where the powermaster is the right model, but the keypad used is a bit older for some reason and seems to not accept the firmware update allowing it to 'see' the new expander menus.  In those cases it is possible to enrol it using another kp250, and then hand over the system once enrolled to the user with their old keypad.  Once it is enrolled you can manually add wired sensors on the expander using an old keypad without the hw expander menus by adding the sensors by ID number ( 051.0xxx for those on the ioxpander 8, and 052.0xxxx on the first ioxpander 12, and so on.  It isn't an ideal workaround through.