Security Installer Community

Disconect Challenger 5 alarm

HansProlo

Hi,

I recently bought a house where there is a Challenger 5 alarm fitted, and loads of sensors everywhere. I know ot was fitted in 1995 and don't think it has been serviced ever since. It is still connected, although the "tamper" light is on, probably indicating a fault.

I want to disconect and remove the whole thing, but I'm not sure where to start with. 

Any advice?

Thanks

1 hour ago, HansProlo said:

Hi,

I recently bought a house where there is a Challenger 5 alarm fitted, and loads of sensors everywhere. I know ot was fitted in 1995 and don't think it has been serviced ever since. It is still connected, although the "tamper" light is on, probably indicating a fault.

I want to disconect and remove the whole thing, but I'm not sure where to start with. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Tbh I would keep it    it's better than any modern ****

6 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

Tbh I would keep it    it's better than any modern ****

OP

please bear in mind few actual professionals agree with what this poster writes

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If you are not sure where you start you probably shouldn't DIY. It will involve working at height, deafening noises and the possibility of electrocution.

There is no magic button or code to disable them, in fully working order they are designed to be tamper proof, triggering the sounders if you mess about.

If you are certain you won't want an alarm going forward have someone to decommission it or consider having them look at it regarding servicing or upgrading.

They do need regular maintenance to work properly so also consider that if you keep it.

• Upvote 1