Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9930 zone tamper

Will2020

Hi all, I have been living in my new house since feb this year and have so far been able to put up with a zone 06 tamper which seems to occur at least once a week and once re-set it doesn’t occur again for a little while. But I am now sat writing this after it has alarmed with a zone 06 tamper for the 7th time tonight. 

I have already come to terms with the fact there is most likely a short in the circuit somewhere (probably somewhere I cannot access), so I am left wondering if I am able to permanently disable this zone on the alarm panel? 

Ideally I would like for the alarm to work and function, even if it meant without one of the zones working. 

Thanks in advance,

Will

8 minutes ago, Will2020 said:

Hi all, I have been living in my new house since feb this year and have so far been able to put up with a zone 06 tamper 

wouldn't any normal person got someone to sort this in april or may at the latest ?

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, Will2020 said:

Obviously living up to your username. Anyone have any useful information for me?

System was designed as such it required that sensor , so why would t you get it fixed? It's possible of course to disable any sensor , but at what point would you stop disabling sensors ? 

Useful is as above , get someone to look at it , but if house , or valuables or yourself is not worth protecting anyway , rip it out and turn it off is probably best (not)

• Upvote 2