Jump to content
Security Installer Community

Electrician converting to intruder alarm engineer


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

 

An EOL circuit is 2 wires, these have been twisted together to make pair of cables

 

I'd use a drill, with a hook in the chuck

 

The pic is not my work but that of @PSE

 

mine look better with the lid on 😉

Drill with a hook to twist the cables--like that... Your not taking the piss are you? 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some helpful advise if you see a paragon panel rip it off the wall and stamp on it immediately     

I converted to security about 6 years ago after being a sparks... I do prefer it but best advice I can give you is make sure you learn as much as you can from your colleagues as the information isn't

Don't....    you need to spend some time working at a proper co. 😉    

Posted Images

D9MCccgXYAEImKZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

this is another pic from the same install, alloy tube

 

it quite unlikely anyone without an alarm trade background will tube & enter the tube by drilling into the back of it? (

 

Mr😀 Veritas God

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

D9MCccgXYAEImKZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

this is another pic from the same install, alloy tube

 

it quite unlikely anyone without an alarm trade background will tube & enter the tube by drilling into the back of it? (

 

That looks good - as a background as a sparks I would have just used 20mm galv conduit - is that stuff easier to install? Obvs galv conduit is a c*nt

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, James R said:

That looks good - as a background as a sparks I would have just used 20mm galv conduit - is that stuff easier to install? Obvs galv conduit is a c*nt


Very easy to use, 12mm Diameter only. 
Fir a nice clean but free cut, I use a standard 15mm copper pipe cutter.. nice and neat with no jagged edges

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

 

An EOL circuit is 2 wires, these have been twisted together to make pair of cables

 

I'd use a drill, with a hook in the chuck

 

The pic is not my work but that of @PSE

 

mine look better with the lid on 😉

My cabling also looks like a F-ing masterpiece when the ceiling tiles are back in😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PSE said:


Very easy to use, 12mm Diameter only. 
Fir a nice clean but free cut, I use a standard 15mm copper pipe cutter.. nice and neat with no jagged edges

Nice... What's the prices like on that gear? Had to do a whole job (sparky) in stainless steel conduit before... Nearly died in the process lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

 

Saw your installation today     disappointed 

 

My head hurts as the 7ah fell out

67886250_10219356428278293_7654217958738100224_o.jpg

Wheres that? At least the garage door wont end in front of the dB cover when you have it up - that's something 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James R said:

Drill with a hook to twist the cables--like that... Your not taking the piss are you? 😉

You have fitted some alarms with someone yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never used a hook in the drill myself, I just use a specific Bosch mini 12v drill and bang the pair straight into the chuck. Literally 5 seconds on reverse spin and it’s done, nice neat pairs all looking identical and even twists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PSE said:

Never used a hook in the drill myself, I just use a specific Bosch mini 12v drill and bang the pair straight into the chuck. Literally 5 seconds on reverse spin and it’s done, nice neat pairs all looking identical and even twists.

Same bend the ends over for a better grip then trim to size. 

 

Also worked really well with ceiling grid wire, used to get rolls from the skips and do metres at a time and cut to length for fish wires. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, norman said:

Same bend the ends over for a better grip then trim to size. 

 

Also worked really well with ceiling grid wire, used to get rolls from the skips and do metres at a time and cut to length for fish wires. 

Easier to hand twist and lash in close nice white cover

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PSE said:

Never used a hook in the drill myself, I just use a specific Bosch mini 12v drill and bang the pair straight into the chuck. Literally 5 seconds on reverse spin and it’s done, nice neat pairs all looking identical and even twists.

 

Anticlockwise ?

 

I started with mains drill & keyed chuck

 

I recall wrapping it in a plaggy bag to put sounders up in the rain, then getting a 9.6v Makita in tin box with a stick battery

 

 

Mr😀 Veritas God

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anti clockwise... 

I’m right handed but I twist pairs with left hand. Plays total fcukery with my OCD on terminating panels. Staff are trained to do it this way, I go mental on my random routine audits if I see anything else.... My head just can’t cope with it..

Edited by PSE
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.