Security Installer Community

scantronic 9600 exit timer problem

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

you should only have 1 detector per zone/circuit

Map7 on the zones would do the trick, now where did I park my DeLorean....

Sounds like a nice job to swap out with new controls and a smart PSU, split that detection the best way possible. You'd have a good base to start from then, with no weird 30 year old software glitches or NVM memory loss issues.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Map7 on the zones would do the trick, now where did I park my DeLorean....

Sounds like a nice job to swap out with new controls and a smart PSU, split that detection the best way possible. You'd have a good base to start from then, with no weird 30 year old software glitches or NVM memory loss issues.

or do i somehow try and find a new old stock 9500! i used to use one a few years ago at a shop i worked at and it was pretty good!

In all seriousness i'll likely wait until it gets more frequent then replace it with some fancy new stuff

Going to be some good fun working out how to split the detection circuits haha

18 minutes ago, picasso said:

indeed, theres an additional power supply next to the control panel

in a weird way i'd rather try and keep this going for as long as i can, it really is a lovely control panel to use and has a very nice menu interface

But as i say if the time is up then it's replacement time

I always liked the 9600 and the 9800, but the modern day equivalent is 100 times better. All panels have quicksets for full and part settings, you can have a smart-phone ap  that not only lets you know when its activated it lets you know when your keyholder has disarmed it, you can also arm disarm it from your phone, and control other wireless output such as your gates. 

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I always liked the 9600 and the 9800, but the modern day equivalent is 100 times better. All panels have quicksets for full and part settings, you can have a smart-phone ap  that not only lets you know when its activated it lets you know when your keyholder has disarmed it, you can also arm disarm it from your phone, and control other wireless output such as your gates. 

See the thing is i just want a well equipped high quality panel without the smart integration

I'm far from a wireless fan, but if i have no choice then i suppose i'll have to live with it

Just now, picasso said:

or do i somehow try and find a new old stock 9500! i used to use one a few years ago at a shop i worked at and it was pretty good!

In all seriousness i'll likely wait until it gets more frequent then replace it with some fancy new stuff

Going to be some good fun working out how to split the detection circuits haha

Most modern day systems have id circuits, allowing you to have 5 detectors wired in parallel but they all have their own id 

Just now, picasso said:

See the thing is i just want a well equipped high quality panel without the smart integration

I'm far from a wireless fan, but if i have no choice then i suppose i'll have to live with it

You dont have to have wireless the panels are hybrid so you have hard wired and you can add on wireless stuff as you see the need 

Just now, MrHappy said:

you want slapping...

I wasnt going to say anything but the 95 was horrid

13 minutes ago, picasso said:

**edit**

take your pic any commercial control would do

the issue you'll have the amount of current drawn,

if your doing DIY & have not moved an over expanded set of controls about you'll have an interesting learning curve.

Edited by MrHappy
  • Like 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

you want slapping...

absolutely i do haha!

2 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

You dont have to have wireless the panels are hybrid so you have hard wired and you can add on wireless stuff as you see the need 

What are scantronic doing these days? i've looked on a few places but they only seem to do the 9651 which obviously isn't really suitable

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

define smart ?

ingratiation to something really expensive eg control4 

or some tat you can buy of a website ?

basically the whole phone integration, i don't really see a need for it for my requirements

i have no issues spending money on the right panel, obviously not going to go into b&q and buy a response wireless kit