Security Installer Community

Disabling External Sounder on HKC 10 70 Panel

Can I do this temporarily while testing to check whether the panel is alarming properly (and the internal sounder can be heard ok)? I can't find the setting in the Engineer menu. Also can I use a wireless internal sounder as an audible device when doing a walk test and I'm out of the range of being able to hear a keypad?

2 hours ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Can I do this temporarily while testing to check whether the panel is alarming properly (and the internal sounder can be heard ok)? I can't find the setting in the Engineer menu. Also can I use a wireless internal sounder as an audible device when doing a walk test and I'm out of the range of being able to hear a keypad?

Only thing with using a wireless siren you need to hold rear tamper in or wedge it if you walking with it 

The wireless keypad are very handy tho....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Only thing with using a wireless siren you need to hold rear tamper in or wedge it if you walking with it 

The wireless keypad are very handy tho....

Sometimes I just use a mobile phone  and make a call to my land line (or use a cordless phone, and leave the wired handset off hook so it picks up sound from the keypad).

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

Program the external bell as something else

And yes

So there's no setting for turning it on/off? (within the services menu).

2 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Sometimes I just use a mobile phone  and make a call to my land line (or use a cordless phone, and leave the wired handset off hook so it picks up sound from the keypad).

So there's no setting for turning it on/off?

No

But what difference would that make? You only want to temporarily disable it 

So change the output or remove bell trigger and you done

4 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Lol it's funny but a interesting DIY way of doing it 

You have engineers code so just remove the bell trigger and remember to put it back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

No

But what difference would that make? You only want to temporarily disable it 

So change the output or remove bell trigger and you done

Ok, I suppose that's the idea of the walk test to check whether the panel is responding to sensors, rather than arming and checking for an alarm on each sensor.
I've just installed my wireless internal sounder. In the menu, I discovered there's an entry/exit setting in "options". Is this for generating a tone on entry/exit?

26 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Ok, I suppose that's the idea of the walk test to check whether the panel is responding to sensors, rather than arming and checking for an alarm on each sensor.
I've just installed my wireless internal sounder. In the menu, I discovered there's an entry/exit setting in "options". Is this for generating a tone on entry/exit?

Having said that , you could walk test an incorrectly setup Honeywell DT , it responds to walk test and doesn't on alarm , sounds weird but I seen it happen 

27 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Yes , gives entry exit on tone 

Where did you get this stuff any way , are you in Ireland?

7 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Having said that , you could walk test an incorrectly setup Honeywell DT , it responds to walk test and doesn't on alarm , sounds weird but I seen it happen 

Yes , gives entry exit on tone 

Where did you get this stuff any way , are you in Ireland?

Yes, my local friendly electrical store.