Security Installer Community

eBay tat roundup - the best and worst from the 'bay

Just now, norman said:

Permission to leave now the twilight shift has arrived sir?

never knew I was in charge ?

err, crack on....

56 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Did you see me saying I'd had someone, I believe genuine, offering me £3k for my 1990s Barcrest Viz fruit machine?

you giving the topic a nudge ?

what's the interest in fruit machine, misspent youth ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Nah I used to work for PCP for 9 months, they were a spin off (ha ha) of the much more famous Peter Simper of Bath which rebuilt fruit machines with new glass and Eproms to give them a 2nd life.

Before they did it no-one had really thought of it, and machines were just binned (after all they had usually made many ££££s in profit than they ever cost to build). They outlived Simper themselves though.

Anyway PCP were massive until the early 90s, but by the time I worked for them in 1999 they were effectively a design house though still did prototyping (which was where I fitted in) and very small runs of 10-20 initial machines.

After that it was all built by contract. The company was owned by Electrocoin, a shabby London based outfit who just about still exist. All the machines went to the EU. Only about 20 people worked there even then

and 12 of those were programmers. The office, a badly converted old mill, is still there derelict to this day and AFAIK Electrocoin still owns the property and every year one of the directors attempts to convince council to turn into HMO.

https://goo.gl/maps/vQ2tvzyuhUWdY5y49

'ROM Market' was supposed to be an arcade, but we never did those types of machines in Bath so it never happened. Windows had adverts in of no appeal to anyone outside the very closed industry and electronic junk piled up behind.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Just now, datadiffusion said:

I see the plastic bellbox that sold for 45 has now been relisted

#shill

I thought they were up on shill bidding, I used to do it years ago with multiple accounts.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

They are, but it's fairly easy to do if you really want to. I can't be arsed everything is buy it now unless it's total rubbish and it's eBay then bin if unsold

I do opposite

Get others to bid low to do sellers head in

Eventually my best offer gets accepted , not always lol

A shitty old one sold for £415 at the weekend, plus postage, lets see if the punters accept the 'new' price...?

Just after that some desperado bought a totally broken, badly restored one for £300 which had been unsold for months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392800908703

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands