Jump to content
Security Installer Community
Jack b

Castle omega 5 wiring help

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Aux + -, HO and ST over on the left would be may guess.

Probably right, the sab i'm using is an MAS sabmaster module and ive tried wiring it up but it just blows a fuse in the panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to ask: Why would you want to connect an alarm that old back up ?


Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Specialist said:

Have to ask: Why would you want to connect an alarm that old back up ?

Well because it looks pretty cool in my eyes and ive always wanted an early electronic display sort of panel in my collection of ye olde burglar alarms.

Edited by Jack b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now that makes more sense if your an alarm collector.


Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would test with a meter first but I assume:-

 

12v+ = +ve

12v- = trig

HO = -ve

ST = tamp return

B = beacon? strobe

 

Failing that the 999 D'COM terminals are likely negative sinking panic and intruder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would test with a meter first but I assume:-

 

12v+ = +ve

12v- = trig

HO = -ve

ST = tamp return

B = beacon? strobe

 

Failing that the 999 D'COM terminals are likely negative sinking panic and intruder.

The problem is the HO is not negative its positive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

So it's for an old SCB then

Ill probably just run the tamper switch directly to the panel then put the hold off where it needs to go, then put the trig on the B terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Also the tamper return will be pos on that panel

Im guessing there was an especially made sab module that would go with the panel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCB where designed that way.

Tamper return will be +ve if the HO is +ve, you can see the tamper link is still fitted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jack b said:

Anyone out there know how to wire up a bell box sab to a omega 5 panel?

20190530_154636.jpg

20190530_204425.jpg

You try the phone number? :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

You try the phone number? :ninja:

Hmmmmmm no but i might just give it a try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

SCB where designed that way.

Tamper return will be +ve if the HO is +ve, you can see the tamper link is still fitted

I thought SCBs were the ones that had the voltage going directly to the bell box and when the alarm sets off, the hold off is cut sounding the bell using its own battery and SABs were the ones that had the trigger voltage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack b said:

I thought SCBs were the ones that had the voltage going directly to the bell box and when the alarm sets off, the hold off is cut sounding the bell using its own battery and SABs were the ones that had the trigger voltage?

You mean scb mode uses internal battery to activate sounder and hold off is just charging

 

And sab mode draws power from panel hold off when bell activated

 

 

Both have a separate trigger 

 

Or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

You mean scb mode uses internal battery to activate sounder and hold off is just charging

 

And sab mode draws power from panel hold off when bell activated

 

 

Both have a separate trigger 

 

Or something like that

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Self Contained Bell, uses it's own lead acid battery to sound the siren when triggered from panel.

Self Activating Bell, uses the panel voltage to sound the siren when trigger is low, or "hold off" voltage is removed which "self activates" the bell from it's NiCd. Many modern SAB's have a SCB style mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Self Contained Bell, uses it's own lead acid battery to sound the siren when triggered from panel.

Self Activating Bell, uses the panel voltage to sound the siren when trigger is low, or "hold off" voltage is removed which "self activates" the bell from it's NiCd. Many modern SAB's have a SCB style mode.

You'd find SCBs in chubbs, AFAs, brocks and all that and you'd find SABs in thorns, Abels, modern alarms, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No you found all that from previous companies. It's a matter of time Imo till we will be do anything but what code you on about. You best not charge me for this etc etc


securitywarehouse https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.