Security Installer Community

Extending alarm cables

Al H

Good morning everyone. First post and I’m hoping someone can recommend the best way to deal with my problem.

Our house was prewired in preparation for an alarm installation. All the cables are in place around the house and just need the key pads, sounder, pirs wiring in. However the problem is that the cables terminating back to the control box site have been cut way too short. The cables will not put through any further and the flooring above is not accessible in any shape or form (wet room). I don’t want a wireless system.

I’m planning on fitting a Texecom Premier Elite 24 (either Polycarbonate or metal).  

Any suggestions on the best, neatest way to extend the cables? The control panel will be fitted immediately to the left of the cables at the same height. See image. 

THANK YOU

0FFFC936-D20B-4B86-8014-2FE7E381A4E9.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Al H said:

Good morning everyone. First post and I’m hoping someone can recommend the best way to deal with my problem.

Our house was prewired in preparation for an alarm installation. All the cables are in place around the house and just need the key pads, sounder, pirs wiring in. However the problem is that the cables terminating back to the control box site have been cut way too short. The cables will not put through any further and the flooring above is not accessible in any shape or form (wet room). I don’t want a wireless system.

I’m planning on fitting a Texecom Premier Elite 24 (either Polycarbonate or metal).  

Any suggestions on the best, neatest way to extend the cables? The control panel will be fitted immediately to the left of the cables at the same height. See image. 

THANK YOU

0FFFC936-D20B-4B86-8014-2FE7E381A4E9.jpeg

Just join crimp , solder and extend cables etc 

You could bury them in wall and put a face plate on top after 

I would open the plaster up more towards ceiling and fit panel higher up if possible then joins can be inside panel 

Do you have a better picture?

11 minutes ago, Al H said:

Thanks to you both. Really appreciate your support. Ill go ahead and order the Polycarbonate version unless you think different. 

Thanks again both 

Thought steel version has more space 

Swb?

22 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Bad design, row or 20mm holes in the middle of the enclosure.

I'd put a plastic expander on the short wires

Yes cable.management is more on hkc stuff aswell in my opinion

Galaxy range and texecom have better space to lash it in