Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 > PIR Wiring

36 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

program the values to suit the contact ?

FROM MANUAL:

<<<>>>

Zone configuration

The default zone configuration is 1 kΩ double-balanced with fault monitoring via a 3 kΩ resistor (preset 11). In the following configuration a mask condition is generated if an alarm and fault are signalled at the same time.

If required, reprogram zone configurations and the resistance preset values using the Zone Resistance menu (51 ent 46 ent).

<<<>>>

So looks like it can be done! I'll test it tomorrow :)

On 12/01/2019 at 21:31, RevolvingSteve said:

FROM MANUAL:

<<<>>>

Zone configuration

The default zone configuration is 1 kΩ double-balanced with fault monitoring via a 3 kΩ resistor (preset 11). In the following configuration a mask condition is generated if an alarm and fault are signalled at the same time.

If required, reprogram zone configurations and the resistance preset values using the Zone Resistance menu (51 ent 46 ent).

<<<>>>

So looks like it can be done! I'll test it tomorrow 

Im just about to sort this, however, I have 2 doors on the same circuit (its the same room), so do I still use 2k2? Or will it double/halve if there are 2 x 2k2 on the circuit?

You have the wrong contacts.

Either use separate circuits or get contacts compatible with double door configuration.

You can't just string them together to make up the values, shunt resistors need to be parallel with the detection reed and tamper is in series with the whole circuit (preferably at the furtherest point of the wiring).

In using non standard values with the panel, you will often loose the ability for different wiring configurations as it's a workaround anyway.

4 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You have the wrong contacts.

Either use separate circuits or get contacts compatible with double door configuration.

You can't just string them together to make up the values, shunt resistors need to be parallel with the detection reed and tamper is in series with the whole circuit (preferably at the furtherest point of the wiring).

In using non standard values with the panel, you will often loose the ability for different wiring configurations as it's a workaround anyway.

OK that's very useful information. 

It looks as though the resistance value in menu 51 ent 46 ent applies to all zones (although I only had a quick look).  I think its probably just easier to buy the correct Honeywell Resistance version as they were only about £8!

So I guess the same applies to the 2 x Bell housings (my other tamper issue, these are wired in series as per the instructions from the Manufacturer), but Ive not worked out where to put the 1k resistor yet.  From your comment I should put it in the furthest BH on the tamper circuit return?

Many thanks for the help, I provide a lot of advice on a AF Forum, but feel like a school kid when it comes to alarms! :) Good community.

13 minutes ago, RevolvingSteve said:

So I guess the same applies to the 2 x Bell housings (my other tamper issue, these are wired in series as per the instructions from the Manufacturer), but Ive not worked out where to put the 1k resistor yet.  From your comment I should put it in the furthest BH on the tamper circuit return?

If you are talking about external sounder tampers they work completely differently. Very few have EOL resistors.

Most are a closed loop that "sends" a negative through all the tamper circuits of the bells and brings them back as a "tamper return".

Some external sounders have weird multiple tamper wiring configurations, you also need a SCB or LC compatible bell or extra PSU to have multiple of them.

I would start a separate thread for your sounder issue with details of the models of kit and maybe pictures of the terminals.

Also additional note on the contacts I would keep the circuits separate unless it's required for multiple contacts on the the same opening door. I.E a double fire escape.

Circuits on the same zone only provide you problems when there is a fault, it is general practice to keep them separate with a few caveats like above fire escape.

On 15/01/2019 at 11:22, sixwheeledbeast said:

If you are talking about external sounder tampers they work completely differently. Very few have EOL resistors.

Most are a closed loop that "sends" a negative through all the tamper circuits of the bells and brings them back as a "tamper return".

Some external sounders have weird multiple tamper wiring configurations, you also need a SCB or LC compatible bell or extra PSU to have multiple of them.

I would start a separate thread for your sounder issue with details of the models of kit and maybe pictures of the terminals.

I have now cleared all the faults (the external sounder was my sausage fingers in the end).

Today is configuration day.. God help me :lol: Im going to start a separate thread as suggested.