Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite - will box lid tamper sound bell if alarm unarmed but not in engineer mode?

Andrew17856

Hi

I'm trying to reset the engineer code on a Texecom Premier Elite.  I can see this can be done by shorting the reset pins while the control board is powered.

I don't obviously have the engineer code at the moment.  If I take the box lid off to get at the control board without being in engineer mode (but with the system disarmed), will the external bell sound please?  I'm trying not to annoy the neighbours!

I can see from another post that the tamper alarms are "internal" alarms, but the user in that post had the engineer code.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Andrew17856 said:

Hi

I'm trying to reset the engineer code on a Texecom Premier Elite.  I can see this can be done by shorting the reset pins while the control board is powered.

I don't obviously have the engineer code at the moment.  If I take the box lid off to get at the control board without being in engineer mode (but with the system disarmed), will the external bell sound please?  I'm trying not to annoy the neighbours!

I can see from another post that the tamper alarms are "internal" alarms, but the user in that post had the engineer code.

Thanks.

Normally the external bell will not sound when you take a cover off, internal bells probably will

Also if the panel has a lock feature then doing this won't work, all you will do is reboot system and be possibly stuck with a tamper reset required by engineer and won't be able to arm the system , the lock feature protects the engineer code 

I assume you don't want to pay "the" engineer , or a new engineer to do this for you ......

Thanks.  The alarm has been out of contract with the original installer since 2012, and I haven't been able to determine who (if anyone) an existing maintenance contract is with.  There's no guarantee that the engineering code hasn't been changed in the interim anyway if it's been DIY'd.  The default one doesn't work.

I might wait until there's another fault with it anyway that requires an engineering reset, then I have nothing to lose.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

Thanks.  It's possible just to default the engineer code on the Premier alarms.

According to the manual, if anti-code reset is enabled it's also possible to reset tamper alarms using those codes too, which should be a workaround.

In any event, if I wait until there's another fault requiring an engineering reset, I have nothing to lose anyway as the unit will be inoperable anyway.

I'm told by the original installer that they don't lock the NVM - but that remains to be seen!

7 minutes ago, Andrew17856 said:

Thanks.  It's possible just to default the engineer code on the Premier alarms.

According to the manual, if anti-code reset is enabled it's also possible to reset tamper alarms using those codes too, which should be a workaround.

In any event, if I wait until there's another fault requiring an engineering reset, I have nothing to lose anyway as the unit will be inoperable anyway.

I'm told by the original installer that they don't lock the NVM - but that remains to be seen!

Yes that's best wait until something occurs then it can work as you said or scrap it