Security Installer Community

Connecting a GJD lighting relay to a Texecom elite 24 control panel.

Carlhatt

I am having problems getting a texecom elite 24 control panel to activate a GJD 040 and thus turn on flood lights with the alarm activation. 

I have connected a relay to the bell out put of the alarm and then followed the diagram supplied by GJD but when the bell sounds the flood light don't come on. 

I can hear the relay click but nothing 3lse. 

Can anyone help please. 

1 hour ago, Carlhatt said:

I am having problems getting a texecom elite 24 control panel to activate a GJD 040 and thus turn on flood lights with the alarm activation. 

I have connected a relay to the bell out put of the alarm and then followed the diagram supplied by GJD but when the bell sounds the flood light don't come on. 

I can hear the relay click but nothing 3lse. 

Can anyone help please. 

Do a drawing or upload a picture of what you have done 

If the relay is energising then must be the mains side of the relay you have done something wrong 

You need to connect the 0V from the GJD controller to the relay (C - or Common) and from the (NO - Normally Open)  via a diode to the relevant zone you want the GJD lighting controller to trigger.

When the bell triggers it will energise the relay & trigger the relevant GJD lighting zone activating the lighting.

See picture below

GJD.PNG