Security Installer Community

Bell box recommendations

Guest robk

Currently I have a Pyronixs Belle, (http://tinyurl.com/632vx), but I'm very disappointed with its performance. The strobe and leds are impossible to see during daylight.

I'm been recommended a Gardiner NovaGard 1, does anyone have any experience on these?

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree , the Belle is a poor performer. :no:

IIRC the battery on the 1E is soldered direct to the circuit board , makes servicing tricky.You could go for the Gardtec 2 , , looks better.

I much prefer the Texecom range of sounders (engineer mode is useful) but they are becoming a very common sight.

The Eurosec XS3D looks classy .

:D

Get a eurosec XS3D. They look the business! Mine are being printed with the all new PROTEX logo on as we speak.

Could be a bit tricky for a DIY person to get hold of though.

30382[/snapback]

Thanks Chris, thats two for the XS3D.

Can you see the leds and strobe during normal daylight?

Rob you can ask about as many sounders as you like but as richl says it is extremeley rare for people to see the leds during daylight as they are designed to be seen in darkness , Strobes are another matter though

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Rob you can ask about as many sounders as you like but as richl says it is extremeley rare for people to see the leds during daylight as they are designed to be seen in darkness , Strobes are another matter though

30391[/snapback]

Sorry I should have explained that its the strobe I have particular interest in seeing during the day.

My alarm uses the strobe to indicate that there has been an alarm condition or an arm failure and at the moment I can't see these during the day.

The Eurosec XS3D looks classy
The XS3D is a low cost bellbox, its just a pity it ooozes cheapness. The Stobe leaves a lot to be desired and the actual sound output cant possibly be what`s claimed..?

Sorry guys, looks nice but as for performance its a little lacking.

Gardtec`s worst ever bellbox.. :!:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

The XS3D is a low cost bellbox, its just a pity it ooozes cheapness. The Stobe leaves a lot to be desired and the actual sound output cant possibly be what`s claimed..?

Sorry guys, looks nice but as for performance its a little lacking.

Gardtec`s worst ever bellbox.. :!:

30400[/snapback]

Which ones do you normally use then?

Archived