Security Installer Community

'Anti-Code' Opinions

Gabs

3 hours ago, norman said:

Crikey, that must have taken some doing.

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

An indecent act involving 2 birds in a public bar.... the parrots in the Earl de Grey where never the same again.

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

He was overheard saying he'd 'had enough to drink, thanks.'

Love some of these replies. For anyone interested, or Paragon plus with the cover removed for the first time in 24 years. Original battery there, still works somehow. Can anyone tell what terminals are linked out? 

IMG_4881.JPG

5 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I love "gabs" added to pic of the knacked old alarm, just in case somebody steals it

Hey, that alarm is brilliant, very reliable. What do you recommend I replace it with, then? ;) Its not knaked, that's for sure! 

Round about the time that ADI was still called 'Gardiner' and being about 20 or so, I asked if they had any old Scanny demo boards

I could have; they said no but I could help myself to a Pyronix one that had decent screenprinted 'simulate tamper' buttons and everything on.

I turned it into a Scanny demo board soon enough, already mounted was a Paragon or whatever just like the pic above (there was another panel

which I assume was the 'working' one but it had been removed). The PCB had been pinched, but the membrane glued back.

It spend the next 10 years in my parents neighbours shed with a solar powered LED to light the keys up through the window ;)

I say ten years, it could still be there now for all I know.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

35 minutes ago, norman said:

My brother in law had one of these, I fitted it second hand from my house in 1994 and up until he moved last year it was still in daily use.

fecking horrible things.

May be horrible, which they are. Nasty sounds they make, and very hard to program, but they work, as you say. What don't you like about them? 

36 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Round about the time that ADI was still called 'Gardiner' and being about 20 or so, I asked if they had any old Scanny demo boards

I could have; they said no but I could help myself to a Pyronix one that had decent screenprinted 'simulate tamper' buttons and everything on.

I turned it into a Scanny demo board soon enough, already mounted was a Paragon or whatever just like the pic above (there was another panel

which I assume was the 'working' one but it had been removed). The PCB had been pinched, but the membrane glued back.

It spend the next 10 years in my parents neighbours shed with a solar powered LED to light the keys up through the window ;)

I say ten years, it could still be there now for all I know.

You should go and get it, I'd buy the Paragon from you, great little panels, they have a job to do, and they do it well. 

1 minute ago, norman said:

Just very 'unfriendly' imo

Fair enough. When I was younger I hated the interruption tone it made. Sounds like a buzzing... thing! 

• Upvote 1