Security Installer Community

Galaxy 0001 Missing battery

Litch90

2 minutes ago, abbz said:

You have got 240v going to panel and not just running it off battery. 

Not that much of an amateur haha.. I've got it running on both.. AC & battery has been plugged onto board.. Three YUASA's have completely discharged.

On 1 November 2016 at 9:54 PM, james.wilson said:

where did you get the yuasa?

Bought a new one by the book brand new.. no hooky stuff. Same result, battery completely discharged. Thoughts? New panel?

No, it's not common. I've dealt with 100's of G2's and only seen damage due to lightning and an installers screwdriver spinning across the pcb and ripping some passives off near the voltage regulator (big heatsink).

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

No, it's not common. I've dealt with 100's of G2's and only seen damage due to lightning and an installers screwdriver spinning across the pcb and ripping some passives off near the voltage regulator (big heatsink).

So where do I go from here do you think? New PCB?

If you've checked all three fuses and your battery leads are connected correctly to the pcb. If your panel doesn't die when you pull the mains fuse with a fresh battery connected, then certainly it's your main board. On the plus side, you've got some spare batteries now!  I managed to do the same to a G2 by connecting the battery the wrong way around.

Regards

yes but mr Galaxy how many have you installed recently?

i have a couple here with same issue, its pcb , bin it , buy a g2-20 while your at it 

is your system wired or wireless or both?

12 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Its true that the 'buyer is always right' must be a godsend for idiots that f**k up panels and say they arrived 'broken'...

Trouble is.. whats to stop some philistine put faulty PCB in new enclosures and sell them for 30/40 quid a pop?

Its my own fault I should probably know better than to trust eBay.. Its not broken as such, just won't charge any batteries.

21 hours ago, al-yeti said:

yes but mr Galaxy how many have you installed recently?

i have a couple here with same issue, its pcb , bin it , buy a g2-20 while your at it 

is your system wired or wireless or both?

Thanks Al i was considering the G2-20.., It is entirely wired atm Al but I will be adding RF portal soon.

20 hours ago, james.wilson said:

why does anyone buy security gear from ebay? I get old mobile phones etc but serious stuff.. really?

Naivety maybe? Seemed like a decent deal for a good make of panel.. In future might pay to just buy by the book..