Security Installer Community

New system with mobile phone alert

Sammmy

Hi all, just after some advice on buying a new system.

Its for my work address that is located in a remote location so must have some sort of mobile alert system. 

I expected to to find loads of options but don't seem to able to find any. I've previously purchased panels from City Electrical Factors that look reasonable (not like a 1980 computer game) but they don't have a option to alert through GSM or link to iPhone etc.

I would have thought in this day & age I would be able to buy something that links to wifi & connects to an app. I've seen options on eBay but all look very cheap & more like a children's toy than a professional alarm system.

I've had a quote from a local company at £750 plus a monitoring fee which ideally is over my budget.

I've also seen interfaces that link to panels with photo's of Nokia 6210 from at least 8 years ago which seems a very dated way of alerting.

Any suggestions on what & where to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

premier is the current high end panel the diy prefer. It's cos it started life as an electrician panel.

I disagree, premier, elite etc, top panel, top manufacturer, top specs, veritas etc yes, sparks choice.

Reason for alarm companies not liking it-direct support to end user, loss of revenue. 

look at the history, Gardiners and alarm express didn't want to take a new one cos of Scantronic pressure. That's why it started in the electric channels. They did show them in end but with hik and Pyronix plus new boys I wonder

bear in mind it's numbers. Very few manufactures limit it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

16 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

But a decent setup is going to be around the £500 mark for parts, that leaves £250 worth of your time for all fitting, faultfinding, and 'callbacks'...

If that's the case then I will go with the local company, it's partly the reason for the post.

What I don't understand is why they aren't cheaper alternatives, the cost of the basic components for an alarm system will cost no more than £50, surely they should be sold for less than £500