Security Installer Community

hd down rf modulator

redsun

You need to do this stage by stage remove aerial etc and start with Cctv direct and take it step by step 

I assume out of the HDMI convertor if you put a TV right next to it and plug it in direct you can get a picture?

No I've stripped it back down and can't generate Cctv picture at all.

hdmi gets a picture when plugged directly into a monitor then I plug into modulator. I've tried Rf out directly to TV cutting out attenuator and combiner - no Cctv. Tried Rf out no attenuator into combiner - no cctv.Tried loads of different channels configs. As set up now I get TVs ok on all TVs. 

Tried using Rf loop through on modulator - nothing at all! Although internet says loop through is when stacking modulators.

Unfortunately I can't get hold of spectrum analyser for few weeks but as I had Cctv up once thought there must be a way. Tried altering attenuator every half turn then re tuning.tried different TVs.

One thing tho. Most of channels are on 27 bbc itv etc. If I set modulator to 27 and prog number to say 40 it disrupts the normal channel arrangement when tuned. Not sure if that proves anything other than the tv is getting something from modulator?

If you can't get pictures out if the HDMI convertor no point trying any further

Havnt done this in a long time but channels were normally between 21 Upto 33 stay clear of , higher channels should all work 

Are you auto tuning , do manual slow tuning set on high channel directly connected to the convertor output

What's model number and name if not a technomate 

Reading up in technomate seems this unit must be connected to a DVB compatible TV , so hope that's what your doing as it's a hd convertor 

Standard ones will do straight to the normal TV channels if that makes sense which don't require hd compatibility 

Make sure the channel you are using is 2 clear of anything your aerial is picking up, and make sure it is below ch59, as most modern aerial kit filters out everything above 59 for 4g/lte rejection.

i have fitted dozens of these, only faulty ones i ever had were fried after a direct lightning strike which took out loads of kit in the building.

Did you give it a unique lcn? Try 800.

Yes dvb tv

yes technomate T-M-rf hd 

now set to Lcn 800(which first time I've altered)

channel 40:626.0mhz

programme number 60

tried manual search 

no new channels

image.jpeg

Edited by redsun
Another typo!

Take a closeup of the combiner, so i can read the writing. Tried a different channel? Different tv? Mind you panasonics never really cause any  problems.

try straight to tv with lcn800

try program 1

try modulator-attenuator-tv bypassing combiner and amp. An inexpensive dvb meter would really help, you dont need the spectrum function it just saves a lot of time. 

I have my old one for sale if you want a cheap one.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/satlink-professional-digital-freeview-and-satellite-setup-meter/1188366704?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms