Security Installer Community

UK referendum and EU Norms

1 hour ago, Nova-Security said:

Never been fully working to EU standards, so now the UK is out why aren't the EU standards going to be dropped.

Whats was ever wrong with tin foil strips across a window?

Tin foil , yes we need that back

http://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000000101091

1973 we joined the EU 2005 we adopted the standards, 32 years i will be retired by then to see the next change. Although i bet the BSIA and BSI rewrite some that we have to hold in the mean time.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

13 hours ago, PeterJames said:

What is wrong exactly with the standards we have?

Code using 4,5,or 6 digits or pace or or. And let's be honest here how many just give customers what they want and not what they print on a cert.

magnetic contacts that come in so many different verities that it would be easier to instal the door to suit a contact than use a simple reed switch. I'm getting bored just thinking about the wrongs of an EN. Let's go back to my earlier comment to sum things up. "Let's go back start again with a simpler solution".

But why do you think these points are wrong? Code using 6 digits is more secure than 4, I think that a Pace is less secure but on the other hand the false call being passed to Police simply because someone forgot their code was equally a problem. So lets look at the door contact problem, there are several different types that suit many different doors there are graded flush and graded surface, the only ones I see that are a problem are the grade 3 sites they are a pita but is G3 there for higher security or because the EU are insisting on it? 

11 hours ago, PeterJames said:

So lets look at the door contact problem, 

Your actually going to try and defend a failing system using this example as an opening argument?

In fact I would prefer if you didn't respond, Sounds like you voted stay and are going to warn of the errors of that decision.

1 hour ago, alarmcom said:

Your actually going to try and defend a failing system using this example as an opening argument?

In fact I would prefer if you didn't respond, Sounds like you voted stay and are going to warn of the errors of that decision.

You sound like a brexit wannabe 

There is never ever going to be a perfect solution 4737 was far from perfect. There has to be rules otherwise you have anarchy and everyone just installs what they feel like and how they feel like doing it. I could never understand why we had to have stand by power for so long in the new EU standards, but then we had Seeboard doing essential works over a weekend on a industrial estate up the road and every burglar alarm was going off by early Sunday morning apart from the ones we installed. There is never going to be a perfect standard that looks out for every problem you may come across, because you cannot account for everything that may or may not happen.