Security Installer Community

Domestic system with ethernet

I'm a retired electrician with broad IT network experience. Looking to install a domestic system that has ability to handle both wireless and wired sensors. It must also have ethernet connectivity ( ie inbuilt web server ) so that it can:-
a) Issue email alerts
b) Provide video streaming from camera sensors.

If it has an internal relay that can switch an electrical circuit ( eg a room light) when it is set, that would be a bonus.

Initial research indicates that the Texecom Premiere Elite might do this with additional modeules but I was wondering what other suggestions you all may have.

On 12/06/2016 at 1:21 PM, Yvonne Tanner said:

I'm a retired electrician with broad IT network experience. Looking to install a domestic system that has ability to handle both wireless and wired sensors. It must also have ethernet connectivity ( ie inbuilt web server ) so that it can:-
a) Issue email alerts
b) Provide video streaming from camera sensors.

If it has an internal relay that can switch an electrical circuit ( eg a room light) when it is set, that would be a bonus.

Initial research indicates that the Texecom Premiere Elite might do this with additional modeules but I was wondering what other suggestions you all may have.

Having done quite extensive research based on your responses, I think it much better to reduce my requirements and go for a much simpler system. Forget the wireless and internet capabilities, I think it best to go for a small, basic wired-only system. It need only have 4 sensors. 

The  main requirements are:-

1. Be able to be fitted with a GSM dialler.

2. Have the capability of triggering an external relay ( ie a N.O. switch)  that might switch a relay for an electrical circuit so that when the alarm is set, the relay switches on the external device eg a room light or radio. When the alarm is unset, the relay becomes inactive.

3. Must be excellent quality and dependable.

Hopefully this opens up a whole range of products.

Your advice is much appreciated.

31 minutes ago, Yvonne Tanner said:

The  main requirements are:-

1. Be able to be fitted with a GSM dialler.

2. Have the capability of triggering an external relay ( ie a N.O. switch)  that might switch a relay for an electrical circuit so that when the alarm is set, the relay switches on the external device eg a room light or radio. When the alarm is unset, the relay becomes inactive.

3. Must be excellent quality and dependable.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God