Security Installer Community

Texecom Elite 24 Questions

Hey guys,

I've been searching for a burglar alarm for our house for a while and then I came home yesterday after a 2 week holiday and the missus has gone mad and purchased from a friend, lol.  It's a Texecom Elite 24 Wired Kit.  Other than slightly damaged packaging, the alarm is new and comes with a Control Panel, Keypad, COM2400 Communicator, 3 Compact IRs, 5 keyfobs,  Odyssey 1E External Sounder, 8 Core Alarm Cable, 7.0ah 12v Back Up Battery, Anti Masking Dual Technology PIR
Burglar Alarm Surface Contact

Her friend had bought this about a month ago to install in his property, but decided against installing as it and ended up purchasing a Visonic powermaster 33 as he wanted a wireless setup to avoid damaging the floor tiles.  Anyway I'm now stuck with this and don't have a clue where to start from, so I joined this forum.  I do have some knowledge about alarms, but usually they are well-known like yale or response.  Could anyone help me with this?  Before I install the cable wiring, I want to try out the alarm as it is.  Once I feel I'm competent enough, I will then move to installing it properly.

Edited by homesecure

Hi

I would read the all the installation instuctions page by page, Understand it before setting up on the bench,

The DIY systems Yale and Response are aimed at anyone who can screw a box to a wall, and very basic setup

The Texecom is well known with the pro's allows more options then the DIY kit, this is where programming the panel can be a mine field for some people depending how you understand the instuctions,

I am guessing it's a elite 24 panel,

13 hours ago, homesecure said:

Hey guys,

I've been searching for a burglar alarm for our house for a while and then I came home yesterday after a 2 week holiday and the missus has gone mad and purchased from a friend, lol.  It's a Texecom Elite 24 Wired Kit.  Other than slightly damaged packaging, the alarm is new and comes with a Control Panel, Keypad, COM2400 Communicator, 3 Compact IRs, 5 keyfobs,  Odyssey 1E External Sounder, 8 Core Alarm Cable, 7.0ah 12v Back Up Battery, Anti Masking Dual Technology PIR
Burglar Alarm Surface Contact

Her friend had bought this about a month ago to install in his property, but decided against installing as it and ended up purchasing a Visonic powermaster 33 as he wanted a wireless setup to avoid damaging the floor tiles.  Anyway I'm now stuck with this and don't have a clue where to start from, so I joined this forum.  I do have some knowledge about alarms, but usually they are well-known like yale or response.  Could anyone help me with this?  Before I install the cable wiring, I want to try out the alarm as it is.  Once I feel I'm competent enough, I will then move to installing it properly.

Although I think you will get stuck programming it , as above you can read it manual , mean time run a cable to every sensor point to get started and bellbox location

Com2400 leave it for now will just give you more headache I believe

run the cables for the devices one per zone and one for the bell box and 1 for the keypad would be a good start.

you can cable them up on the bench, zone 1 for the contact and so on.

Edited by secureiam