Security Installer Community

Whats Best ???

If your thinking CRM software for an alarm installer, both your examples are popular. I use the cheaper one-

6 minutes ago, jammin31 said:

alarm handling software

This term make me think of ARC software eg- Sentinel+

Mr? Veritas God

I have been using Alarm Master but in all honesty its a nightmare, keeps freezing up and have experienced a whole world of small niggles with it.

Not heard of System 8 before ? any good ?

Whats peoples thought on Cash ?

Edited by jammin31
typo

3 hours ago, jammin31 said:

I have been using Alarm Master but in all honesty its a nightmare, keeps freezing up and have experienced a whole world of small niggles with it.

Not heard of System 8 before ? any good ?

Whats peoples thought on Cash ?

It's good to be fair, works well for alarms and extinguishers. Takes some getting used too but couldn't cope without it now 

I think cash was around £15k AM is above half the price. 

it will depend on what modules you go for etc. 

As with everything tho you'll med to spend time inputting all the data for it to work for you instead of against you 

we've had AM for about 3 months and it's still not right, missing stock etc 

Software like alarm master that manages engineers jobs, customer and system details in full as well as stock management, sales and so on.

ive been an avid user of AM but dont like it so now we are looking to replace this with new software altogether but wondered what people use and find good, also most importantly including the pda or mobile phone compatibility.

Cash 4 Windows

Alarm Master

Alarm Tracker

Winsims

Are software for fire & security co's

Click is general contractor software which may be suitable for a fire & security co's

System 8 was targeted at fire extinguisher co's ?

If you don't like alarm master, speak to mentor 

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

Cash 4 Windows

Alarm Master

Alarm Tracker

Winsims

Are software for fire & security co's

Click is general contractor software which may be suitable for a fire & security co's

System 8 was targeted at fire extinguisher co's ?

If you don't like alarm master, speak to mentor 

Yeah it does fire and security alarms also 

I'v tried many over the years and many demos and I still haven't found one that will do it all the way we want. After spending thousands over the years we still use Sage50 with recurring invoicing/customised templates for accounts, Ez Management for Scheduling/Quotes and Outlook/Word for all else.  It depends a lot on whether you want a fully integrated system (accounts, engineers, scheduling, stock, SMS, CRM, iPhone, Android etc....). As with all software of this type it is only as good as the work you put into the setup of it. The big question is how much do you want to spend upfront hundreds or thousands and how much is the ongoing service costs (again hundreds or thousands).

PC/ Server Based:

Cash 4 WindowsAlarm Master , Tracker Pro,  Winsims, Ez ManagementClik Software, Sage CRMAlarm Manager,  - favouirites/cost effective are EZ Management, Tracker Pro & Clik Software

There are also quite a number of cloud based options which may suit depending on your requirements, try:

Click SoftwareServiceM8 (Service Mate)Service MaxFieldawareSynchroteam - favourite/cost effective ServiceM8

Whatever you choose the key is to research it fully and trial run it for min 3 months. If you find the holy grail be sure to share it with the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

If you can afford it, and you're prepared to spend the time getting it right, Protean.  Once it's set up it basically runs everything.  It even understands my engineers.  It's one of those programs that just does everything, and does it well, but it needs a massive financial and time commitment to implement.  Well worth it though.

Thats a huge amount from the off ! I think i will try the others as a demo first and see what suits us best but im sure there is a basic requirement of the SSAIB and NSI of information and reports we have to provide via this type of softwate ? Or have i just made that up !

6 minutes ago, jammin31 said:

Thats a huge amount from the off ! I think i will try the others as a demo first and see what suits us best but im sure there is a basic requirement of the SSAIB and NSI of information and reports we have to provide via this type of softwate ? Or have i just made that up !

PC data have BASE which is a basic version of alarm master aimed at small ssaib - doesnt have PDA links or anyhing tho but will run the false alarm stat reports etc,