Security Installer Community

Disable Ade Accenta G3

revinkevin

I hope someone can help me.

I have bought a new house (I really have honest!) with an Ade Accenta G3 mini.  The previous owner has given me the user code and the engineering code is luckily still the default.

When I disconnect the power (it is currently on the upstairs lighting ring) the alarm enters an alarm state and the siren sounds.  This makes sense but I need to disconnect the power to fit a fan isolator and an electrician is also fitting a new consumer unit.

Given I have access to the engineering mode, is it possible to temporarily disable the alarm so disconnecting the power doesn't trigger the alarm?

All I can think of is setting the alarm bell to have a siren time of 1 minute so at least the neighbours will only have to endure 60 seconds.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by revinkevin

Thank you for your reply. I have just come to that conclusion and was about to ask for confirmation so your help is appreciated . I will pick up a new battery tomorrow. I think I will be OK installing it. Will engineer mode stop the tamper alarm siren or will I just need to trip the tamper, then reset the alarm and then replace the battery? Thanks again

As a suggestion:-

Go into engineer mode,

Open endstation (*warning mains voltages are present only enter it if you feel you have the necessary competence)

Replace your battery

close endstation panel lid

Come out of engineer mode

Allow 24hours to ensure battery has a decent charge in it before attempting the consumer unit swap out. (the battery you purchase may not have a full charge in it) 

If that fails the battery fuse in the panel may of blown.

Hope this helps

Thank you for this.  I have just picked up a battery this morning so will swap it shortly.  The CU change is tomorrow so there should be sufficient time for the battery to charge.  My only worry is the replacement battery has a spade terminal at either end.  I don't know if the original battery is the same physical layout - I am assuming so as the cells look to be in series (in a physical straight line).

Thank you for this.  I have just picked up a battery this morning so will swap it shortly.  The CU change is tomorrow so there should be sufficient time for the battery to charge.  My only worry is the replacement battery has a spade terminal at either end.  I don't know if the original battery is the same physical layout - I am assuming so as the cells look to be in series (in a physical straight line).

Sounds like you purchased a 2.1Ah or 2.3Ah this will fit but may not last the full 12 hours, ideally you should use the same size battery as fitted as the engineer would have measured the current consumption and worked out the correct battery for the job. The other thing you may find if the battery has been faulty for some time the charging circuit may not charge the battery properly, you wont know this straight away, but in a few months its worth checking that the battery is still working. If it isnt you need  to replace control panel and the battery.

Agreed with such a tiny battery, I would wait UNTIL you've changed the CU before worrying about the alarm.

Yes, the outside siren will go off when disconnected but you only have to open it up and disconnect it's battery to stop this,

reconnecting it when you've had the CU changed and new alarm battery fitted,

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thank you all for your comments.  Yes I have used a 2.3aH battery.  The alarm is actually the Accenta G3 Mini so I believe this is the correct battery.  It was a like for like swap and the new battery fits in the unit.  By putting the unit in engineering mode, there was no tamper alarm triggered.

The new battery had an off-load voltage of 12.7V so was charged on supply (obviously a good thing for lead sealed acid batteries).  I haven't checked the old one.  However, on swapping the battery the alarm no longer triggers when there is a power cut.

With regard to the charging circuit, only time will tell.....

Thanks again