Security Installer Community

Basson Irb1 Ptz

todcctv

i was being lazy using the honey hrdp, it was at hand as well, but i knew its more than capable of operating it if only basic, but having zoom, iris and focus on it, it should have been able to operate a 2 wire rs485 ptz, being dutyful to myself the setting up of the panasonic wj-hd was just being lazy, but even if i did , the right setting info may just result in the same results as it maybe faulty   possibly... so having the paperwork, technical stuff , it just makes for a easier life and save messing in areas that a tech spec might just save the time on. It eliminates the unit from being faulty with the right data, otherwise I just will not know if its one or the other at fault.

I can debate this all day, but until I get that info or some info or indeed some direct assistance by a generous individual,  its not worth my time messing , getting confused like trying to piss in the corner of a barrel.. I get to a point where its just easier to pay nowadays, once it was a necessity to not pay others, with the alzheimers  kicking in of late, my brain just doesn't work like it used to , but i can afford to pay nowadays which is now a luxury.

Its hard to hang up the brain on being practical all your life, but getting older makes you realise you can't do it all..especially forever!!!!

getting the unit on remote viewer might help as well, but just getting the operation setup  on my router takes for a big sit down job,  to set up the router with all its got going on it anyway...

found odd things with dvrs-keyboard or modern all in one tester would call menu but dvr wouldn't or needed more than 1 try

Don't suppose this was with DM (SD advanced) I work on a lot of these and find I'm forever re entering the input for menu control. All over BBV-C. May be different with a hard wired rs485... I find commands quite slow

again that would sound like a setting issue, but also logical in the event.

point, it all depends on the compatibility of the kit! to each of the parts, therefore compatible settings required.. and that's more than understandable.

Like brands will always make for an easier set up, or it should, but again not always the case.. the parameters etc can just be a pain, hence a manual to help avoid and help understand.

Even the honeywell dvr in the manual is brief! but it is a basic unit on stand alone.

Now thats a point , i thought I'd seen it somewhere else in their little book they send out a few years ago, sadly i bin em nowadays after a quick looksee on their offers, similar but slight differences but its the same looking unit.. just googled it... cheers not going in there taking it all as gospel but   in my stride...good call HB