Security Installer Community

Intruder Test: Wireless Alarm Panels

Dutchy

Smartphone stuff does comply with the standards, it does not have to comply to NSI, They don't make the rules, they just inspect too the standards we all use. No idea where the 5 minutes comes from, the only requirement is to sound internal sounders for the exit duration when arming remotely, and to log who used a remote device. Previous firmware would remote arm instantly which could cause false activations if someone is still in the building. Highly unlikely in my opinion, but it could happen.

The Risco app lets you see before you full/part set the system of the zones are active or not,

If they are active then you can omit a zone, or look with the Risco cameras in the property.

And you can also communicate with the camera microphone/speaker with a person and then take a decision.

So what's your connection with risco? Come on seriously some of there stuff is ok but not suprising you went back to there promotion?

Hi al-yeti

I have no connection with the Risco group, the only thing I do is installing Risco panels and accessories.

For me as a security installer the best system is a wired system, but  the consumer In The Netherlands  want more and more wireless smart-living panels.

Therefore I have install in my workshop a hybrid system with camera’s and X-10 accessories. So that I can demonstrate whit the use of a Ipad the futures of this system to them. Because if your customers can see what they are buying, then the products sells easier.

Kind Regards.

No idea where the 5 minutes comes from, 

Smartphone stuff does comply with the standards, it does not have to comply to NSI, They don't make the rules, they just inspect too the standards we all use. No idea where the 5 minutes comes from, the only requirement is to sound internal sounders for the exit duration when arming remotely, and to log who used a remote device. Previous firmware would remote arm instantly which could cause false activations if someone is still in the building. Highly unlikely in my opinion, but it could happen.

Firmware was launched last week that allows the required capability. Thing is everybody expects anything electrical they buy to have an app, whether they use it or not is a different matter. Its all part of the buying decision and not having it seems to most to be a negative.

I have been testing our system for years now, never once armed the system with my phone except during testing. I use a fob as its on the keys I will use to lock the door and open the car. Notifications are useful when i am working away, at least i know if the last one out of the house has actually armed the system.

Our sales guy was told about the five minutes thing by a Texecom tech last week, apparently its to stop someone setting their alarm from their phone (when there away) if there is someone still in the house moving around.

If someone's home they will just disarm it and app will show who did it, what's the point of 5min thing, take em three minutes to teef your stuff

Or I miss something as usual , I see a few LCD risco screens recently , rubbish LCD , I still think the galaxy version bulky but better lol

No idea where the 5 minutes comes from, 

Our sales guy was told about the five minutes thing by a Texecom tech last week, apparently its to stop someone setting their alarm from their phone (when there away) if there is someone still in the house moving around.

My bad, he told me this morning its an app update rather than panel  firmware.

Edited by Flossyrockstar