Security Installer Community

Ax200 / 100 / 50

You'll not have heard of them but a funny little outfit called Axxess makes obscure (but not in a closed protocol, f-off sort of way, more like you've not heard of them)

access control panels and I'm not sure if they are / were part of Cooper or not, as you could by as a Scanny or Axxess branded unit, as an AX50, 100 or 200.

Anyway, does anyone familiar with the Scantronic AX10 external prox know if it will work with said systems?

The fact it has an AX in the code and the scantronic instructions tell you to ignore some of the wires (buzzer, etc...) make me

think they are just standard units, and it's the scanny keypad end that's been altered to suit the data, not the other way around...

ta!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

No... not on this occasion.

http://www.axxessid.com/

Identical to Scanny AX200

Village hall with separate front and back readers hanging off one unit. Using swipe cards, system supports prox, which they want to change to.

Usual case that they won't even remotely comprehend changing it because Maureen knows how to use the management software since 1998....

Just wondering if the Scantronic AX10 was just a re-badged version of this - http://www.axxessid.com/Pguide/105-220.html

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It seems to suggest the reader unit works in weigand but auto detects an ax host and changes to some sort of special protocol. So if the host is the same isnt clear, but, as you say if they deal in hid the controller must do wiegand too.

Edited by datadiffusion