Security Installer Community

Gsm Sim Cards

Spyman48

I think the expiry you refer to is the fact you put £10 on the sim and if you don't use it within the 30 days you lose the money not the use of the sim. You can still get PAYG sims and top up what you like (in £5 increments) but you don't need to keep topping it up until it has gone. Where security is concerned an automatic top up is worth having where the airtime provider will automatically add funds when your balance reaches a set minimum.

I use Tesco Mobile who use 02 which has by far the best reception where I am. I have my balance set to top up £10 automatically when the amount drops to £10. A £10 top up actually costs £9 set up this way so texts work out even cheaper than the standard 4p a text. I use my automation several times a day and of course calls to the dialler are free should I wish to go that route. If I never used my dialler it is programmed to do a test text at least once a month to keep the sim active.

This is easily managed online too so really isn't a fuss.

What dialler are you using ? , normally has a daily or weekly alert to keep SIM going

And too it up every 6months or so unless you got regular false alarms

Cheaper just to get a virgin SIM £5 until July, monthly rolling, then I think it's goin up a bit

But that's if you have sia sent via your dialler you need the contract SIM for that

Edited by al-yeti

You can't get any cheaper than 3.6p a text that is charged for use only and not on a rolling contract basis that you pay for regardless of use.

Also, as far as alerts are concerned, no airtime provider shuts down a sim within a day or week through no use so why the unnecessary tests if you 'test' it yourself by using it several times a day or even a couple of times a month say?

Your top up is directly dependant on use too.

Edited by Dick

^^ Same here,

GiffGaff is ok, but your to pup but select calls only. Don't buy an add on

Your credit will last until it runs out, as long as a chargeable call or text is made within 3 months