Security Installer Community

Public Liability

They used to get me to do a breakdown, took me fooking ages first year, then set accounting software up to make it easier, but still needed some time i didnt have to add it all up.

Summer is my busy period, renewal due 1st sept, so i ****** it off, if you dont give it them, they will still renew.

There is a tierd structure, so unless your turnover has shot up, tell to **** off and pay your normal rate, although mine went up 25 quid this year, but as i am always late renewing, i just went with it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

if you dont give it them, they will still renew.

Exactly, they sent me a letter and quote 3 weeks before, no asking for breakdowns - which I deliberately didn't take up intending to 'shop around' - it was only when I got back to them with 5 days to spare (I know, I know) that they asked.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

We have used CHAS/Equity and General insurance brokers for the last three years and each year we start shopping around at least 3 weeks before. But these buys are always lower.

Our main works is data cabling with security accounting for around 25%, but only in commercial installs as we don't touch residential, unless its an apartment block or student accommodation.

We have the same issue of trying new brokers and them wanting to know what colour socks we wear. That's why we try to get them down to our best quote!

We have 10M employers, 5M public and product, no indemnity as we only design if we install. our T/O is £500K and cost us £500 with insurance.

As some have mentioned you never know how good an insurer is until you make a claim, but I am happy if I never know really how good our insurers are!

We have used CHAS/Equity and General insurance brokers for the last three years and each year we start shopping around at least 3 weeks before. But these buys are always lower.

Our main works is data cabling with security accounting for around 25%, but only in commercial installs as we don't touch residential, unless its an apartment block or student accommodation.

We have the same issue of trying new brokers and them wanting to know what colour socks we wear. That's why we try to get them down to our best quote!

We have 10M employers, 5M public and product, no indemnity as we only design if we install. our T/O is £500K and cost us £500 with insurance.

As some have mentioned you never know how good an insurer is until you make a claim, but I am happy if I never know really how good our insurers are!

Not sure i have read that right but that is what indemnity is for when you advise/design something wrong whether you install or not.