Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Install Trouble!

I am using the Texecom Premier Elite Compact PIR model ACD-0001

On the diagram supplied with the Pir it shows that one terminal is n/c and the other is 24 dc and together they are 50mA, am guessing the tamper and alarm wire should both be inserted in the 24dc terminal?

Will confirm on the resistance of the door contacts when i get another chance, it's closing time......

Are there any programming details I need to change?

Don't have a picture right now, however it is as follows 

- Aux Black

+ Aux Red

Reed to Reed 4k7 Resistor 

Alarm to Alarm 4k7 Resistor 

Tamper to Reek 2k2 Resistor 

Link from reed to alarm Brown

Alarm to control panel Blue

Tamper to control panel Yellow

Nothing in Latch

Followed from a answer I found 

Edited by BveshPatel

It should look like the attach drawing.

Assuming you use a separate Zone for the shock. (Recommended)

I have also included the PIR Wiring.

Do not forget to attach ALL Covers before testing.

I am sure someone will create a debate over used using NC and not DP/EOL for the Shock Circuit, but I do not want to complicate it any more at the moment.

Hope this helps

post-69102-0-65474900-1440955720_thumb.j

Edited by QSXS

"...Are there any programming details I need to change?..."   You mentioned that the panel is at it's default settings, usually a panel arrives as new in the 'conventional wiring mode'.. Have you changed this in programming (assuming that your instructions indicate 'conventional' when new). Conventional in this case means straight forward alarm loop and tamper loop with no resistors. Before carrying out a new install it is worthwhile to 'bench test' the panel before commencing.

"...I am sure someone will create a debate over used using NC and not DP/EOL for the Shock Circuit,.."

There is a school of thought which maintains that you use the same resistor values on all devices, in other words if you do not use resistors in one device then you don't use them in other devices, so a fully supervised loop should maintain identical resistor values throughout.. on all devices..It is suggested that this applies to all panels.

On the pir's lets go with zone connection on alarm contact next to the power connection and the other zone connection goes the other end off the block where it says tamper the two connections in the middle are unused as you have a resistor setup and are not using double pole

I hope this makes sense

"...Are there any programming details I need to change?..." You mentioned that the panel is at it's default settings, usually a panel arrives as new in the 'conventional wiring mode'.. Have you changed this in programming (assuming that your instructions indicate 'conventional' when new). Conventional in this case means straight forward alarm loop and tamper loop with no resistors. Before carrying out a new install it is worthwhile to 'bench test' the panel before commencing.

"...I am sure someone will create a debate over used using NC and not DP/EOL for the Shock Circuit,.."

There is a school of thought which maintains that you use the same resistor values on all devices, in other words if you do not use resistors in one device then you don't use them in other devices, so a fully supervised loop should maintain identical resistor values throughout.. on all devices..It is suggested that this applies to all panels.

To much info, that covers 12core , he just wants to correct his wiring

Ok let's see if I understand correctly,

Just a note I am using 8 core......

I should have:

Reed to Reed 4k7

Tamper to Reed 2k2

one output from reed to Z1

one output from tamper to Z1

one pair from alarm to z8 no resistors.

And on the Pir I have the wiring as shown however I have tamper jumer on C which I now realise is wrong.....doh should have left on A

Can anyone confirm if there will be interference from the steel door with textured covering?

Forgot to mention that I was not originally planning on using a separate zone for Shock as I have two doors that both have the Impaq plus 

Edited by BveshPatel