Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Install Trouble!

Problem now is there's no manufacturing , electronics has changed , so course demand dropped , few years back they pushed ict to be the way forward, recently they back tracked

Overall what happen in many trades "skills shortage"

New generation are not trained the same way

Problem now is there's no manufacturing , electronics has changed , so course demand dropped , few years back they pushed ict to be the way forward, recently they back tracked

Overall what happen in many trades "skills shortage"

New generation are not trained the same way

I have a shortage of skills but i am always willing to learn :thumbsup:

I consider myself lucky, I managed to get a Fully EITB / Entra Apprintership, C&G, ONC,HNC in a big electronics company all funded.

Very few business do this today or even have the setup to support it.

The factory I started in done all its manufacturing, Cables, Looms, PCB's, Metal Punching, bending, powder painting, Assembly, Test, Field Service and repair.

As an apprentice, you worked in every department and tried everything for at least one month. Took 4 Year to complete.

You will struggle to find a company to stay with for 4 year today.

Then come in the Bean counters and the Six Sigma Lean team and there outsourcing. Who convince management that outsourcing would save ££££.

Then China become accessible and killed most of the UK SME's

But the UK is now in big trouble, because companies are having big issues with China and China's economy is declining, factories will be going bust and UK business will be hung to dry.

So what is the UK doing, simple - Give every kid a Arduino and Raspberry Pie and all is will be good !!!

I had a student a couple of years ago(16), and there electronics was all done in Workbench, No Making PCB's, No Soldering, No hands on! (Because Elf & Safety and Budget)

We should make kids build there mobile phone if they want one, that would motivate them...(Maybe not as there first project !!) ;-)

I had a student a couple of years ago(16), and there electronics was all done in Workbench, No Making PCB's, No Soldering, No hands on! (Because Elf & Safety and Budget)

We should make kids build there mobile phone if they want one, that would motivate them...(Maybe not as there first project !!) ;-)

Lol, have you tried soldering 0402 chip components in the density required by smart phone ?   Little Johnny would end up with a 1980's brick :)

Most phone do not have 0402's, but 0201 and yes I can solder them by eye, well just(Its my party trick). I make all home project with 0603 and 0402 parts, Its easy, I love SMT. I etch Double Sided PCB's to 5thou, in an ice cream tub, in the kitchen sink! The wife loves me! I can rework BGAs with a Black and Decker!

Remember the Motorola 4500X ETACS, think i still have one in shed and mums.

On a serious note, you can build a DIY Phone with a few components, if you cheat a little, using a Telit or SIM900 Module, Make a simple PCB with SIM Holder, Mic, Speaker, Keyboard and Display, you have a working phone.

Some year ago, a number of the clamshell phones were made like this. 

Anyway, I wonder how Bvesh, is getting on, he has gone very quiet. I hope he has not connect the shock to the white terminal block, would give a whole new meaning to Shock sensor! 

Most phone do not have 0402's, but 0201 and yes I can solder them by eye, well just(Its my party trick). I make all home project with 0603 and 0402 parts, Its easy, I love SMT. I etch Double Sided PCB's to 5thou, in an ice cream tub, in the kitchen sink! The wife loves me! I can rework BGAs with a Black and Decker!

Remember the Motorola 4500X ETACS, think i still have one in shed and mums.

On a serious note, you can build a DIY Phone with a few components, if you cheat a little, using a Telit or SIM900 Module, Make a simple PCB with SIM Holder, Mic, Speaker, Keyboard and Display, you have a working phone.

Some year ago, a number of the clamshell phones were made like this.

Anyway, I wonder how Bvesh, is getting on, he has gone very quiet. I hope he has not connect the shock to the white terminal block, would give a whole new meaning to Shock sensor!

You must be old man, I got rid my stuff a a couple of years ago, was all good stuff though