Security Installer Community

[Split - End Of Id] Get Your Crystal Balls Out!

charlie6

back in 1994, I'd have put money that in 2015 if I was still daft enough to be doing alarms nobody would want low end plastic controls with the old fashioned led display.....

guess which ***** is swapping a early 90's 9448 for a 9448 next week ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

back in 1994, I'd have put money that in 2015 if I was still daft enough to be doing alarms nobody would want low end plastic controls with the old fashioned led display.....

guess which ***** is swapping a early 90's 9448 for a 9448 next week ?

there will always be a need for low end non bending alarm men  :sneaky:

Seems the manufacturers have made a tidy profit with plastic, mould includes mounting pillars, cut outs etc. etc. I would suggest we go back to steel for all panels but the inevitable excuses are probably "cheaper for the customer"..."shortage of steel"...etc. etc.

I popped on site today to drop in a loan monitor,

I've seen the 9448 in one office before, there's a paxton switch 2 system by the same co. in the other office there a Modern branded 9500 which does a couple of fire doors massively over specced !

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

"...No steel is cheaper in low numbers I prefer plastic, easier to work with..."

Isn't there more of a chance of distorting a plastic panel unknowingly when mounting on a wall which may appear to be perfect..I should imagine this applies more to diyers than professionals though.