duffbeer2015

Never heard of the make.

From 2 sources..

"Safegard has to date installed 1,500 systems since April 2010"

"Safegard has to date installed over 3,000 systems since April 2010"

http://www.safegard.org.uk/case-studies/monitored-intruder-systems

http://www.securecomlimited.co.uk/?page_id=1387

Same director too

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

It looks like a telecare social alarm unit for the elderly with a security add on. At a guess i'd say its funded by the council or grant money from somewhere and ticks a box as far as social work responsibilities go for sheltered or amenity housing.

Since you are not paying why are you getting your knickers in a twist over it? if you require better get your hand in your pocket.

It looks like a telecare social alarm unit for the elderly with a security add on. At a guess i'd say its funded by the council or grant money from somewhere and ticks a box as far as social work responsibilities go for sheltered or amenity housing.

Since you are not paying why are you getting your knickers in a twist over it? if you require better get your hand in your pocket.

No that is true, but as the same goes - just because you go to a charity does not mean you should receive a lesser service. Both the paid and the non paid service take up a duty of care, and the standard is the same whether it is paid for

or unpaid.

But, yes, in the short run, I think i'l have it removed and replace it with a paid one.

I also doubt they'll let you remove it.

Well, as seen as it [the physical system] was a gift free of charge to the tenant, she is free to remove it as it is her own property. If I am wrong about that s.1(1) of the Criminal Damage Act does not apply as the tenant has a lawful excuse to remove it and to replace it with her own system.

duffbeer, landlords be they private or whatever have this tendency to 'not give things away'. Why remove the existing system..it's not yours to remove..it belongs to the landlord unless you have a document expressing that it is a gift... highly unlikely. If the landlord is the local council they tend to be lenient on the odd occasion, so ask them for permission to install your own system without interfering with the other..there may be crosstalk if you installed a further wireless system so it would probably need to be hardwired (comments anyone ?). I agree with Norman since it is virtually a member of the fixtures and fittings catalogue.